Thread: 2015 models...

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    raptor motor is expensive today as it's in a limited production. wonder if economies of scale will bring it to a 2k price bump vs a 7k price bump? and I would assume, not remembering the official press release, if all the other vendors using indmar motors will help drive that cost down as well.
    wondering if they are resorting to closed cooling to keep the engine at a more constant temp rather than pulling water from a 55deg lake in montana and a 75deg lake in florida? easier to program an ecu? it is, without a doubt, going to add to the complexity of the engine and will take a small % of shadetree mechanics and push them to dealer service.

I do share mikes concern about the cost of the boats tho. something tells me I see a moomba with a sticker price beginning with an 85 in the not so distant future when optioned up.
    am excited to see what is in store. hoping for more than the last redesign of the lsv where they just added some topdeck.
    I'm with you man. I am excited to see what SC has to offer, I know the Supra line has been impressive on the SA and SC release. Can't wait to see the SE now.

On the Moomba line It was a nice revamp on the OB and LSV lines, the Mojo release I think fell flat on its face, not until the 13 Mojo did that boat really pick up speed and start selling.

I am a die hard SC fan as well, they have been very good to me, always working things out with me and taking care of any issue I have.

My only downside is my dealer sells Malibu, Axis, Nautique and when prices start getting within range of the dealer saying this is the price of these 3 boats now pick what you want..Its scary LOL.

Not to mention in those same prices I have contacts at Tige, Centurion, Supreme, MB now as well.

I will stay loyal to < my family SC > until it just doesn't make since.

Its all the newby people out there walking into the Dealer saying I got 80K to spend, show me what you got and if you take a Price Point Boat like Moomba and set it next to the shine and electronic bling of other boats, unknowing buyers will pick the Shiny Bling every time. Its the PRICE that makes Moomba stand out, and then people buy them, and realize they got the best deal because Performance, Function shine over other brands, but you have to get them past the Bling and electronics for X dollar, and into the Ease of ownership and Performance.

We as return owners, know what Moomba is all about and why they last so long and why they hold there value in the market. Its getting the new owners to see this.
    Last edited by mmandley; 07-12-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]