Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 models...

I live on a private lake in Orlando. Their are maybe 20 wake board boats on our lake. I have a 2006 LSV the others range from old Nautique with tower to Mastercraft x Star. About a month ago a guy at the end of lake took delivery of Nautique g23, price $132,000 guess it took him a couple weeks to break in. We were boarding and surfing next to him last Sunday . The boat was slammed with ballast and I have never seen a wakeboard wake anything like this, and I go to a lot of wake events. It is literally the next level. The rollers coming off that boat made my nephew comment that " that red boat is making me sea sick," If the Supra is any thing close in wake size it's a bargain. To be honest I thought I had a great wake with 2500 lbs of ballast until I saw this ship go bye. When it's trawling with a wake surfer you would think its a shrimp boat. ..... Like I said thought I had a great wake until my bubble was burst by the g23.

Default 2015 models...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylsv View Post
    I live on a private lake in Orlando. Their are maybe 20 wake board boats on our lake. I have a 2006 LSV the others range from old Nautique with tower to Mastercraft x Star. About a month ago a guy at the end of lake took delivery of Nautique g23, price $132,000 guess it took him a couple weeks to break in. We were boarding and surfing next to him last Sunday . The boat was slammed with ballast and I have never seen a wakeboard wake anything like this, and I go to a lot of wake events. It is literally the next level. The rollers coming off that boat made my nephew comment that " that red boat is making me sea sick," If the Supra is any thing close in wake size it's a bargain. To be honest I thought I had a great wake with 2500 lbs of ballast until I saw this ship go bye. When it's trawling with a wake surfer you would think its a shrimp boat. ..... Like I said thought I had a great wake until my bubble was burst by the g23.
    It's not even about size. I don't need a G23 or Xstar sized wake. What I want is a wake that is not overly weight sensitive side to side and will stay clean at lower speeds even with ballast

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    It's not even about size. I don't need a G23 or Xstar sized wake. What I want is a wake that is not overly weight sensitive side to side and will stay clean at lower speeds even with ballast

Sent from my iPhone

What boat does this?
    Are you sure not being overly judgmental?
    When you wake board you don't need the opposite side clean as you approach, only when you land right?

I understand you want it clean all the time and you want it to be stable but when you are wake boarding and load up that line, most boats will tilt, weighting them helps keep them from tilting, but honestly, you are only running 1200lbs in your boat from what I recall.

I can load my Mojo with 2K and at 23 have it clean and it doesn't tilt that much when a rider loads the line for a jump. What I have been told from riders is they really don't car if the other side washes a little when they jump, as long as its clean at the point of landing.

Yes I don't wake board that much but I like my wave clean too.

I do take into consideration that you honestly get what you pay for, and I paid for a Surf boat, I feel I got a solid surf boat for the money I paid.

The more people demand SC fix this, make this nicer, add this to the Moomba line the more your price goes up.

Even now the Moomba line is getting so Close to some other brands that are considered higher in the food chain that you might as well jump on the other boat.

For instance, at the price you pay for a Mojo, I can almost buy a Malibu, and I can buy an Axis. If I was as big into wake boarding as you Dave, then I would look at Axis.

Why would I say that? Because sometimes you need to get what you want so you feel good about what you got.

You seem to say a lot, that SC needs to make a boat that can wakeboard at 17+ with or without weight, it needs to be able to surf to make that crowd happy and be the cheapest in the market. Sometimes friend, you don't get your ice cream and cake at the same time.

Each boat in the Moomba line is a cross over, but it STILL has certain things it does better then others in the same line.

Supra is the same way, I spent 1 day in the SA when it was first released, I spent 2 days in an SC when it was released.

Do they wake board great? Hell Yes!! They are clean at low speeds, can they Surf? Yes to a point. SA needs the Swell to really surf but the SC Surfs really well out of the box but still does it better with the Swell.

At heart both of these boats have a wake board hull on the back of them. SA is all wake board SC is Surf on the front of the hull wake board on the rear.

Do I agree with the 90K sticker on these? No but they come with a TON of options you will never see on a Moomba.

You just have to really ask yourself whats the most important thing for you and your money and do that.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default 2015 models...

Mike I never said anything about the opposite side being clean while edging into the wake. What I am talking about is having to have all the passengers perfectly dispersed around the boat and the cooler in the exact right spot on the floor ect. That crap gets old. And the boat that does this, as much as I hate to say it is the A20 and the A22 (no idea on the A24).

I don't like axis styling and their interiors just seem really cheap but they throw a much better/consistent wakeboard wake from my experience. And I run 1800 lbs in the LSV with plans to swap the rear locker bags out for 750s but then I'm pretty sure I will need to put another bag in the front to keep it clean.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Mike I never said anything about the opposite side being clean while edging into the wake. What I am talking about is having to have all the passengers perfectly dispersed around the boat and the cooler in the exact right spot on the floor ect. That crap gets old. And the boat that does this, as much as I hate to say it is the A20 and the A22 (no idea on the A24).

I don't like axis styling and their interiors just seem really cheap but they throw a much better/consistent wakeboard wake from my experience. And I run 1800 lbs in the LSV with plans to swap the rear locker bags out for 750s but then I'm pretty sure I will need to put another bag in the front to keep it clean.

Sent from my iPhone

I think you might want to hold on an Axis until you see the new stuff from Moomba. You never know, they could have done exactly what you wanted and you just don't know it yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    I think you might want to hold on an Axis until you see the new stuff from Moomba. You never know, they could have done exactly what you wanted and you just don't know it yet....

When's the new Moomba released date?

Bring back the surf roo
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

But like Mike said,the Moomba line is starting to creep into the price range of some of the big brands and im sorry been a SC product owner for 8 years and when your only talking a few thousand dollars to get into a Malibu or mastercraft or nautique, people will go with one of the top brands just because they are a top brand,ask yourself if a G21 is around 120,00 and a LOADED SC 550 comes in the low 100,000s which might be an extra 50 to 60 bucks a month is it worth it to you to have some better finishes a better paint scheme options and no bags to mess with, I think SC is right on the line of pricing some folks out of a new boat so i hope they have an answer and a bigger boat that we can afford not smaller.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post

Bring back the surf roo
    The new Supra is August 15th right? So I would guess a little after or before that

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post

Bring back the surf roo
    August 15 if its not leaked sooner.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

You realize that Nautique uses bags for ballast right? They're just below the floor where you can't access them if something goes wrong