Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Default Re: Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

Have you checked out how the trim comes off? Probably save a lot of head ache pulling it off and reglue?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

The trim is on there pretty good with glue. It's not much of a headache to work around. I removed all the screws holding the seat bases to the floor and then used a pry bar to lift the bases about 1/2 inch up. Then I put a 1/2 inch thick piece of lumber under the brackets that hold the seat bases to the floor. After removing the carpet and with the 1/2 inch lift from the lumber there's a nice sized gap that the Hydro can slide under the molding with out having to touch it.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Default Re: Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

Nice........
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Put the HydroTurf down on the rear bench seat this morning. One thing you have to really do is square up the sheets because their not square AT ALL!!
    My cuts are a little crooked. Started with the bench though because most all the cuts are under the seat and folded around the edges so they won't be seen. Because of the size of the sheet I did have seams on the side of the bench but those won't be seen while in the boat so I'm not too worried plus the seam came out all right.

Going to need new vinyl now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rakkasan; 09-27-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    2008 LSV on the way out

looks good, hard to see clearly though
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Yeah, sorry. Just have the phone for pics right now
    2008 LSV on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Jumped in the boat this weekend to get all the prep started. I will say this ripping out the carpet took all of 20 minutes. Cleaning the floor of glue, about another 5hrs. The floor seems the be pieced together somehow. It's smooth fiberglass on most the the floor but you can see patches around the vdrive and a white patch just froward of the center locker.

In my planing I thought I could get away with one set of seams between sheets but it's looking like it will be two because the sheet only come in a length of 60". Just hope I can get the seams together close enough that everyone's eyes won't be drawn to them. Also I'm going to try and bolt the two sections over the gas tank into one solid piece. That should cut down on the need the mold the Hydro over the sides some.
    my floor plates don't line up, never have since i became the owner in 2008... any idea what could be buggering it up? i could never figure it out.. since you have yours apart...

2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    my floor plates don't line up, never have since i became the owner in 2008... any idea what could be buggering it up? i could never figure it out.. since you have yours apart...

How are all the other gaps? If you have a carpenters square put it in the corners and make sure there all 90 degree angles. Check the gap towards the VDrive and see if it's really tight on the same side.
    You could always pull all the screws out and try to realign the covers. The screws just go right into the fiberglass. There's no hole specifically drilled for each screw. It almost like they just drop the plates down and screw them down.
    There's 4 screws per cover and would take about 2mins to pull them up, not hard at all.

If you need some up close pics of something let me know and I'll try and help out.
    2008 LSV on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    How are all the other gaps? If you have a carpenters square put it in the corners and make sure there all 90 degree angles. Check the gap towards the VDrive and see if it's really tight on the same side.
    You could always pull all the screws out and try to realign the covers. The screws just go right into the fiberglass. There's no hole specifically drilled for each screw. It almost like they just drop the plates down and screw them down.
    There's 4 screws per cover and would take about 2mins to pull them up, not hard at all.

If you need some up close pics of something let me know and I'll try and help out.
    Turns out my whole floor is out of whack. Add that up to more QC issues. I don't think I could ever buy another Moomba if they are made the same way now as they were in 06.

I kind of made do by spinning it around putting the gap in the center and stuffing a strip of carpet it. Looks ghetto. But less ghetto then a gap.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

WOW!! That is pretty bad. It looks alright like that. My gaps are fine but when I add the two covers back I'm going to try and bolt the two together and make them into one solid piece. If you ever wanted to recover I'd do that so as to possibly eliminate to gap. Maybe
    2008 LSV on the way out