Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Default Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

What size sheets did you buy to start with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MoombaPat View Post
    What size sheets did you buy to start with?

I don't know if you're asking me or Kane. But I can speak to my experience.

I went with the molded diamond b-stock. the b-stock is way cheaper and the imperfections are really, really minor and not a concern for me. I got 4 sheets. they could only guarantee that the sheets would be at least 37x58 but could be as much as 40x62. I think I got all 4 sheets the max dimensions (I had them put in a request to get the bigger size). For me, that worked out perfect as I was able to use the long dimension to totally cover the width of my floor panels. On my XLV, my panels go from seat base to seat base, which is really nice. I used the piece I cut out where the driver's seat is to cover the driver's feet floor. I used a hole 2nd piece on most of the gas tank cover (including the part that goes out where the underseat cooler goes). I used much of a 3rd piece to do the two little spots around the v-drive and the rest of the underseat cooler section.

I was able to keep enough of the long dimensions of the last sheet to be able to use it to supplement the rear lockers. my lockers are the same level as my floor all the way up under the seats. so I just have to choose how far I want the turf to go and where I want the carpet to start. I'm going to cut a sheet in 1/2 so I have two 20" long strips that will cover the locker floor from the HDPE engine divider to partway into the step where the locker floor is higher next to the gunwale. I'll use the residual from the 3rd sheet that did around the v-drive to do that stepped up portion of the locker. I was also able to salvage a couple longer strips from the 1st and 2nd sheet to make around 4" wide gunwale steps so I can remove the Moomba etched grip tape that doesn't feel good on the knees.

I also had enough to add a section under the driver's seat on that fiberglass. I used a separate square to do the cooler lid because I covered the whole floor panel and then later cut out the hole. I'll likewise have enough extra to make up some kind of bow step for getting in/out of the bow at the dock.

Sheets of the b-stock cost $40 each, but PWC muscle gives 15% off, and then there was shipping that was more or less reasonable. so $40 x 4 sheets, less 15% discount = $136 so shipping must have been about $32 for a total of $168 all in.

I used contact cement so I have the cost of a couple cans of that (I'd already used part of one can on my swim platform). I also ended up using up the rest of my 3m Super 90 spray adhesive. As good as the contact cement can be, sometimes it just didn't stick enough for me. I actually had one hell of a time getting everything to stick as I would have liked. I can't imagine that the 3m adhesive would have stuck any better. I wasn't willing to add $30 a sheet for that.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Floor is back in! Yahoo!

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Looks sparkly
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Looks great!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Re: Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

Nice........
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Added some hydro today.

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Nice.. Getting ready for hydro and fixing some upholstery..

That looks really great.. Nice lines .

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post

Added some hydro today.

That looks awesome on the smooth white floor. ��
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in