Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Kane, that looks great! Nice work.

PWI as usual...

Nice job man. I'm almost done with mine. All my pieces are covered. I just have the one big panel left to put back in the boat. My pieces are BIG, but they go from seat base to seat base. I only had one seam that will be visible and even that will be mostly covered by the rear bench seat and the cooler that's under the port seat.

Here's some progress now that it's looking presentable:

(since the driver's floor is at a different level, I was okay with it having the pattern going the other way)

As you can tell by the subwoofer panel and the driver's cupholder, the dark gray molded hydroturf was a great match for the gray carpet in my XLV.

I ordered 4 sheets and will have enough left over to do gunwale step pads, and the rear locker bottoms, and a pad to step on at the bow. Total cost for my 4 sheets of B-stock molded was $168 shipped with the discount from PWC Muscle. The b-stock was way cheap and the blems aren't noticeable.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

how many sheets would you think you would need for the outback floor?
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

I bought 3 but could have done the LSV with just 2 and some better planning.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

Looks great! I've always run the groves side to side instead of forward to back, I don't have the patience to get it all straight..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Looks great Pat
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks, guys. I admit I screwed up a few pieces at the start and ended up ripping it out. The panels and ski locker door are not lined up with the center line of the hull. I had to find a center line and kind of work out from the middle to get the lines to look right in the boat. Took patience. And beer. Yes, beer was the key.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Awesome job on the new floor, definitely an upgrade .

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I finished my floor project with the hydroturf. It took a while to learn the nuances of putting it down with respect to the cut groove I wanted to use. Yes, you can bend and pull but if your lines are all off it makes for a poor looking job. On the bright side, vertical seams are virtually invisible if you plan well and keep them small. Here's a couple pics of my completed work. I would not have gone with swamp camo but it matched far better than everything else to my hull and interior colors. Now that it's done I'm really happy and satisfied with it. It is not just a maintenance thing-- it feels like a true upgrade from the matted down, tired carpet. Please PM me if you have any questions or need any advice.

Attachment 21566

Attachment 21567

Default Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

Looking good guys. Guess I caused a lot of extra work this off season
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Looking good guys. Guess I caused a lot of extra work this off season
    the tips were helpful. specifically treating it like carpet and wrapping it around the sides.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com