Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

I know this is an old thread but Im about to do this job and have questions, did you guys use hydroturf underpad or just the hydroturf itself? Any advice on the seems when connecting multiple mats?

Quote Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
    I know this is an old thread but Im about to do this job and have questions, did you guys use hydroturf underpad or just the hydroturf itself? Any advice on the seems when connecting multiple mats?
    Nope, but it would make it softer, not sure thats worth the extra money. The grooved version can be easily seemed, buy the largest sheet possible to avoid seems. If you use the other patterns try to limit the seems to one near the bow or somewhere less noticeable.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Nope, but it would make it softer, not sure thats worth the extra money. The grooved version can be easily seemed, buy the largest sheet possible to avoid seems. If you use the other patterns try to limit the seems to one near the bow or somewhere less noticeable.
    Thank you for the reply, I went with the diamond since it is molded. I loved the long diamonds that was seen on the green moomba but it is the sup/surf category and may be soft and I didnt want to risk it. I did not order the underpad. Mine is actually going on a closed bow boat so hopefully it will end up being a clean job. Now to the fun part, scraping glue.

97FA28E3-FAB3-4BB1-B9EA-F456BB93E125.jpgI’m wondering (I’ve read this whole thread and searched) how in depth of a job did you guys do on removing the glue. Most of my boat it’s coming up easy but some places (especially underneath the carpeting on the sides) the glue is not going to want to come up. I can get the remnants of carpet off but feel I’m doing more harm on the fiberglass than I am the glue. Any thoughts?

You want the floor flat and clean, you don't need to remove all the old adhesive if it's dry and the hydro sticks to it.

Also try some aceton or paint thinner.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    You want the floor flat and clean, you don't need to remove all the old adhesive if it's dry and the hydro sticks to it.

Also try some aceton or paint thinner.

The floor is smoothing out pretty well because it sat in the sun so long, the sides which I am doing with hydroturf too have been in the shade and all that glue is nice and strong still. I think im going to take an orbital sander to it carefully and really get all the glue off, then go through with acetone one time. Just need a respirator and all the local department stores are sold out, go figure.

Rakkasan (or anyone) -

I know this is an old thread, but hoping you may see this question...

Pulled out carpet from 06 LSV and unscrewed the aluminum L brackets that hold the seat bases to the floor all around the boat. It may sound crazy, but I could not lift any part of the fiberglass seat bases at all - not even a little bit. In my 06, it seems that seat bases, walls, gunnel, back transom, etc are all a continuous fiberglass. It seems like trying to lift any part would mean you practically have to lift the entire thing, gunnels and all.

Am I missing something obvious??

Quote Originally Posted by uga5 View Post
    Rakkasan (or anyone) -

I know this is an old thread, but hoping you may see this question...

Pulled out carpet from 06 LSV and unscrewed the aluminum L brackets that hold the seat bases to the floor all around the boat. It may sound crazy, but I could not lift any part of the fiberglass seat bases at all - not even a little bit. In my 06, it seems that seat bases, walls, gunnel, back transom, etc are all a continuous fiberglass. It seems like trying to lift any part would mean you practically have to lift the entire thing, gunnels and all.

Am I missing something obvious??
    My floors on my 08 XLV screwed in from the sides and the screws were horizontal and located inside the underseat lockers near the floor of the inside carpeted lockers.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I've been looking at this also for my Champion. Seadek looks to be the best stuff available, but is very expensive. Hyroturf seems to be the standard. Blacktip Jetsports makes a product just like Hydoturf. I have received samples of both and will probably use the Blacktip. shareit vidmate app

Heads up if you go Seadek, I just sent my template in and they sound pretty back logged now. They quoted me 8 weeks to get it back, which means Im going to deal with the carpet one more summer....itll have to be a fall project for me.