Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

Call them, it must come off a large roll..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Good point
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

I watched parrothd do it through his thread. I want to do the turf in my 04 since it seems like everyone drinks and eats in my boat and doesn't care. Resulting in stains all over the old carpet. I think if I do this my life would be easier haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

What does the surface look like my boat.....is it finished, unfinished, solid or are there gaps? I have the remove able floor section.
    2006 Outback V
    1992 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Quote Originally Posted by valleywine View Post
    What does the surface look like my boat.....is it finished, unfinished, solid or are there gaps? I have the remove able floor section.
    I'mmm confused as to what's being asked here.

Just for an update. I bit the bullet and bought the Hydro. It maybe hard and time consuming but I don't care at the end of the season the carpet is history.
    2008 LSV on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by valleywine View Post
    I'm guessing unfinished (rough,not smooth gel coat), there will be gaps where the floor panels can be removed.
    That's why our boats have wall to wall carpeting. It's less expensive than finishing, gel coating, and aligning gaps, etc.
    I'm sure with a lot of patience, time, and beer, you could do a custom hydroturf install and make it look close to factory. If you've seen the nautiques with the seadeck, it's over finished floors so it's applied in sections with some exposed floor showing. You'd probably have to cover the whole floor to keep the unfinished floor from showing.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

To the best of my knowledge, the older möbius (2005-) and the outback v (2006-200 have the removable floor section. You guys with 06 möbius and newer have a different hull? Just wondering if the removable floor type has a finished floor underneath the existing carpet where you could install snap in carpet. Or is it unfinished? Some guys have put hydroturf on these models so they would know what the finish looks like and if it actually a one piece section or if it has multiple pieces or sections under the carpet in this area. Will likely be a winter project so trying to plan things out. Thanks.
    2006 Outback V
    1992 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Just for an update. I bit the bullet and bought the Hydro. It maybe hard and time consuming but I don't care at the end of the season the carpet is history.
    I'm watching with great interest. Please document everything you can for the rest of us. I'm probably next in line.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I think the 06+ models would be a little easier. They have the trim piece around the outside edge to hide the cut edge of the hydro. For the middle panels(depending on the gap) I'd use one continuous piece over the entire floor, then using a straight edge/razor cut around the panels. You could either roll the excess over the edges or cut the excess off. A small gap around them would work well, this would help with water draining. I'd experiment first to see which works best...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

Well I finally got started. A little earlier than I wanted but because of work I might not be back on the water before the temps drop. Started with clearing the carpet off the rear bench, back wall, and then got to one of the tank covers. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410736246.438185.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410736258.384341.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410736271.919485.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410736286.485664.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410736293.872656.jpg
    2008 LSV on the way out