Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Default Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

Would this be a good option?
    I asked for some samples from HydroTurf and just got them in the mail yesterday. It fells really durable and has a little cushioning to it. I'm just tired of this Georgia clay staining all my carpet and I can fell the mold wanting to grow.

Has anyone replaced their entire floor with this stuff and if so how does it hold up and look. I thought of the seadek route because you can get them to custom cut your template for you but keep reading the horror story's on here about the CS. Plus HydroTurf is cheaper.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

IIRC the carpet hides some pretty severe gaps and mis-aligned panels on the flooring. Lots of discussion about replacing it - few have actually done it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    IIRC the carpet hides some pretty severe gaps and mis-aligned panels on the flooring. Lots of discussion about replacing it - few have actually done it.
    What panels beside the fuel tank covers and the front ballast door? They seem pretty tight as far as gaps go but it's hard to tell with the carpet on.
    2008 LSV on the way out

Can't say that I've seen it firsthand. I just spend a lot of time trolling the forums...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....394#post139394

That's the post that really got me thinking about replacing the carpet. It's a pretty small area with only the two fuel tank covers and the ballast door. I even considered not cutting out the fuel tank covers and just covering them completely. How many times have you ever opened that up any way. If I ever needed to get down there I could just trace out the covers with a razor blade or recover with a new sheet of Hydroturf. At $70 a sheet that wouldn't kill me to replace.
    2008 LSV on the way out

True. Only cut it out if needed. NewGuy put something similar down in his old 02 and was happy with it.

Personally I just got new 40oz carpet last summer via Newty and love it but would still like to hydroturf my rear lockers. It's somewhere on the eternally growing to-do list.

Snap in carpet would be cool too...

Default Re: Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

[IMG][/IMG]

I didn't get a chance to use it, the boat sold to quick. On my other boats it's really nice, just use the hose/power washer to clean. You may want to add some draining locations so you can push all the dirt into it..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Thanks for the pics!! Did that boat originally have carpet or was the white deck always showing in those areas. It looks really clean but I think I have more space around my center ballast door and don't know if there's color under the carpet.
    2008 LSV on the way out

Default Re: Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

Mine was the older LSV, what's your model?

It had carpet only in the main seating area. If you have a newer models it should be easier since you can tuck the excess turf under the walls so there little trimming.

Probably easier to stick with the groove hydro, you can splice pieces easier together.

Did you look at the surf/supl version, it may be to soft? They also sell a underneath pad to make cushier. There's a coupon code for 10% or 15% off on seadooforum.net..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Mine was the older LSV, what's your model?

It had carpet only in the main seating area. If you have a newer models it should be easier since you can tuck the excess turf under the walls so there little trimming..
    Mines an 08. Your right about being able to tuck it under the seats so you don't have to trim as much. I wish it was sold a little longer that way I could use one continuos roll and only cut out the center ballast door. I got a sample of the molded diamond in Drk Gray that the wife really liked. It's the same color as the carpet and would match the rest of the grays in the boat.
    2008 LSV on the way out