Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Damaged prop?!? How Bad?

Dropped it off this morning and that getting a new prop was under a 30min install. The guys couldn't get it loose with their prop puller clamp. So I ended up leaving it. The said they were going to try putting some heat to it.
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

read someone else used heat on their prop to release, but I always put the prop puller on then use a hammer hitting from the rudder toward the prop. Usually pops off with a few hits on the prop puller, just hard to get a good swing because of the limited room.
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

The first time seems to be the hardest. I had to use a prop puller and a torch to get mine off the first time, the second was much easier. Once I realized it wasn't coming off the first time, I still kept tension on the puller then used the torch to heat up the back of the prop. After a a minute or so BANG! it came right off and hit the nut on the prop shaft. Scared the crap out of me, but it worked.
    I changed one at the Jam a couple of weeks ago. The hardest part was pulling the damn cotter pin.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Same thing happened to my stock OJ last year. I got a new ACME ordered, sent the old one in for repair at Nettles and picked up a "weekend saver kit" from Wakemakers.

http://www.wakemakers.com/acme-weeke...ional-kit.html

It happened to me on the first day of a 3 day weekend, weekend was shot. Dealer had none in stock and wasn't willing to sell the one of their unsold LSV. My local repair shop does a great job on I/O and outboard props but he wouldn't even touch my OJ. Nettles made it look like new. I won't be stuck without a spare and the tools to make a repair ever again!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Yes, get the weekend saver kit. Ask Dusty how my kit saved his weekend Only thing you need to add to it is about a 1-2' piece of 2x4.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Kit is pretty pricey, think I got a prop puller from Nettles for 60 or 80 USD. Think I can come up with a bag, wrench, pliers, and cotter pin for less than $100.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    Kit is pretty pricey, think I got a prop puller from Nettles for 60 or 80 USD. Think I can come up with a bag, wrench, pliers, and cotter pin for less than $100.
    I totally agree! Way cheaper make your own kit! I am going to send my damaged in to hopefully get repaired. Even though its go some pretty harsh dings I hope they can so the repair!
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrodau View Post
    I totally agree! Way cheaper make your own kit! I am going to send my damaged in to hopefully get repaired. Even though its go some pretty harsh dings I hope they can so the repair!
    They can fix it, they fixed mine with tears in the metal, came back looking like new

By the way my stock prop was a OJ 1280 4 Blade 14" x 18" and I am replacing with a NEW ACME 1235 4 Blade 14.5" x 14.25".

Hope I can tell a difference!
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV

You'll be able to tell a difference when you put the hammer down while you have your boat slammed (full of ballast) and your passengers go flying to the back of the boat.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!