Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yeah, I actually hurt my hand the first time surfing with that prop... I had a very lazy grip and wasn't ready for how strong the boat could pull. For the first time, I've actually started asking the driver to give me less than 100% out of the hole. You'll definitely be able to tell the difference.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Default Damaged prop?!? How Bad?

So they can't get my prop removed. They have broke 2 prop pullers and used heat no luck. Saying they are going to have to pull the shaft!!!! OMG I'm sick right now.
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

Probably a good thing though brutha - sounds like you may be fixing more than one problem at once vs throwing a new prop on thinking you're all good and then finding out later that you're sooooo not.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

wonder if the key is bent and sandwiched between the prop and the shaft outside it's slot. Thought someone else had a key problem also. Good luck, hope they get it soon.
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

Pulling the shaft is not that difficult (once you get the friggin bolts out of the collar-- nylock nuts and no room for a ratchet in there so you have to use two wrenches and wrench all the way off. PITA) But the shaft will slip right out of the dripless seal and the strut. Although they may have to remove the rudder too if the prop is still on there.

You may be better off in the long run. About half the time or more if the strike is bad enough to damage the prop the shaft is not true anymore. You probably need a shaft as well. Expect to hear that news next.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 07-11-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Pulling the shaft is not that difficult (once you get the friggin bolts out of the collar-- nylock nuts and no room for a ratchet in there so you have to use two wrenches and wrench all the way off. PITA) But the shaft will slip right out of the dripless seal and the strut. Although they may have to remove the rudder too if the prop is still on there.

You may be better off in the long run. About half the time or more if the strike is bad enough to damage the prop the shaft is not true anymore. You probably need a shaft as well. Expect to hear that news next.
    You were correct. They just called and said they want to cut the shaft off to remove it. I will need a new shaft and new prop. So looks like im down for the weekend. They have to order a shaft.
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV

I would price Elbert's. Might save you some money. No idea why they don't stock the shaft for the LSV. I mean, come on.

http://www.elberts.com/system.htm

Right now I'd just pick the boat up and do it myself. Get it done faster and save money. Order the new prop online too cuz you don't need it till the shaft is in.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I would price Elbert's. Might save you some money. No idea why they don't stock the shaft for the LSV. I mean, come on.

http://www.elberts.com/system.htm

Right now I'd just pick the boat up and do it myself. Get it done faster and save money. Order the new prop online too cuz you don't need it till the shaft is in.
    They want $600 (ACME 1235) + $360 (Shaft) + Labor $300

I dont have anything to cut the old shaft off with. So I am leaning towards letting them do it. Plus, replacing the shaft seems difficult. Hardest thing ive done on mine is replace the steering cable and new water impellor pump.
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV

Well, for starters, if you are going to throw away the prop and shaft you can heat and beat just a little to try to get it off. Have to be careful though so you don't beat up the v-drive at the other end or hurt the strut. I think they don't wanna remove the rudder so they are talking about cutting the shaft. I'd take the rudder out of the way myself if I couldn't get the prop off-- but to each his own.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Damaged prop?!? How Bad?

I ended up getting the ACME 1433 installed. I got my boat back yesterday and went out today. Seems like my boats got more pep now. My surf wave seemed different. I'm gonna have to figure that out.
    Here's some pics!

2014 Moomba Mobius LSV