Angry LSV cold fusion Heater

The air at the vent gets a little warm but you have to wrap up in a towel and put the vent under the towel to get any warmth at all. This has been the case with lake temperatures around 65F and up to 75F. I think the thing is either hooked up incorrectly or I have a faulty thermostat.

I really think I have a bad thermostat because when I'm on the lake the engine water temp gauge never gets above 100F even when the water top layer is around 85F. I have a 160F thermostat that I can put in but I wanted to check on here before I cracked the pristine paint on the engine and introduce an area for corrosion to start and ruin that beautiful shiny black look. I know it is still way too hot to use the heater but it is the perfect time to work on the heater because I don’t need it. Besides, that gives the wife a valid reason for me to go out in the garage and work on the boat during the week because “I’m working on the things that make it more comfortable for her and the kids”.

Thanks
    William

2013 Mobius LSV
    "Surf" Swim Platform, Gravity III Ballast Upgrade with 750s in the rear lockers and a Heater
    JL M600/6 Amp, 6 Cabin Speakers (4 kicker & 2 Polk Audio), 2-Samson S7HD Tower Speakers, JL M10IB5 Sub

My Boat

Probably a kinked hoses or a block. Remove the hoses at the block and blow through it. That will tell you a lot.

PWI as usual...

100 degree water temps are not a good thing. If that's right, you definitely need to check the thermostat. You can't get any heat out of the vents if you don't have any in the water in the engine. Of course the engine wants to be warmer than that anyway.
    Kevin
    2012 Launch 242

Agreed. When I shut the engine down after it has run for a while and then turn the key back on to check ballast status the water temp has climbed to around 130-160 but as soon as I start the engine again it falls back down to below 100F. I guess I gotta pull the hoses to see if there is a blockage and then pull the thermostat housing to be sure there is one installed.
    William

2013 Mobius LSV
    "Surf" Swim Platform, Gravity III Ballast Upgrade with 750s in the rear lockers and a Heater
    JL M600/6 Amp, 6 Cabin Speakers (4 kicker & 2 Polk Audio), 2-Samson S7HD Tower Speakers, JL M10IB5 Sub

My Boat

I think you need to replace your thermostat.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

I have a 160F in my toolbox ready to go in.
    William

2013 Mobius LSV

My Boat

got to be the thermostat.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Yeah, didn't read the part about the t-stat. Sounds like the problem.

PWI as usual...