Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Equalizer

Default Equalizer

Just wondering what equalizer everyone is running. I really like both the WS420SQ and the Exile ZLD, just not sure I want to drop another $200-300 this season. Already bought towers, cabins, and sub, running out of cash and still looking to get a new prop before the season starts.

All I'm really looking to do is control the tower, cabin, and sub levels. One of my amps came with a level control for the sub channel, but I would rather have 1 device to do all three. Doesn't matter to me if it's a fade style, or actual individual volume controls.

I think there are several of the fader style options available from the car audio industry.

The Clarion unit is the one I've seen mentioned on boating forums the most. I think PPI and NVX also make some. All should be under $100.

You might do a search for people using the Clarion but I think this is it ....

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FVFp7AodY1YAfg
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

looked long at both of the above and decided on the exile zld. the ws at the time appears to be a much more robust unit and offers some added flexibility in how it fades but also paying for a mic which I see zero value in(my opinion). the zld was half what the ws was. several told me about waterproof circuitboards and the such but the reality is a full season gone and the unit performed flawlessly and did exactly what I needed it to do.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I owned them both and like the simplicity of the Exile zld, I was always tweaking the WS unit to get the best sound.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I was looking at this one as the price is nice, however I saw a few complaints about the sub frequency control and only being able to adjust to 80 dB. I only have mine set at 100 now, so not sure I would see a difference or not. I saw a few other odd brands on amazon, all seem to do the same thing but I'm sure quality isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I think there are several of the fader style options available from the car audio industry.

The Clarion unit is the one I've seen mentioned on boating forums the most. I think PPI and NVX also make some. All should be under $100.

You might do a search for people using the Clarion but I think this is it ....

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FVFp7AodY1YAfg

from what david from earmark has posted in the past, most are made from the same design and from the same factory. I know that the zld is similar to others but I feel the extra cash was worth the service from Brian if I did have an issue with it, but so far it's performed flawlessly..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Equalizer

Yeah, the exile group are good people. Bought my entire system from them, just didn't consider the equalizer at the time. I gave them a call today, but looks like they won't have any in for a little while. I may just get something like in the attached photo as it seems similar and I can have it by the end of the week. I'm trying to have my boat all ready to go by the end of the weekend so I can get it out of the garage and back over at the lake.

So my question is, are these going to be good enough for marine life?
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

Default Equalizer

I doubt these cheaper ones are marine rated, not sure about the exile or wet sounds. My boat stays pretty dry, I've had amps and a radio that were not marine and never had any issues. But that's a good point, I guess all it might take is being caught in a rain storm.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty75 View Post
    I doubt these cheaper ones are marine rated, not sure about the exile or wet sounds. My boat stays pretty dry, I've had amps and a radio that were not marine and never had any issues. But that's a good point, I guess all it might take is being caught in a rain storm.
    The Wetsounds EQ is conformal coated, the front control pots are sealed behind the face, and the top of the chassis is sealed. Great construction quality. This is your most protected unit for marine. However, if any piece of electronics, marinized or not, is exposed to water directly so that it gets inside, while the unit is 'On' and current is flowing, its bad news. So if you get caught in rain, turn off all your audio electronics and do not turn them back on until you have had an opportunity to fully inspect everything. Oftentimes you can escape permanent damage. Also, Odin with Earmark Marine has a restoration procedure if your electronics do get wet.