Thread: NAV Lights

Default NAV Lights

Was driving home Friday night, and Nav lights quit working. I noticed the lighted toggle switch was off, and then checked all the lights, and they were off. I got in Saturday, and checked the breaker. It was tripped, so I pushed it back in, but nothing happened when I flipped the toggle switch. I kept messing with it throughout the day, and one time I flipped the Nav lights toggle switch, and it shut the radio off. That just happened once, though, so not sure what that was about. I looked under the dash, but it's just a mess of wires. I have no clue what I should be looking for. Any ideas?

Default NAV Lights

Check under the dash behind the switches. The connections on the switches could be coming loose. It starts with the nav lights, but you could lose the pump and blower. I used a cable tie to keep it from coming apart again.

I have an 03 as well.
    2003 OUTBACK LSV

I'm I looking at one of the plugged connections, or an actual wired connection to the board behind the switches?

Default NAV Lights

On my boat, there is a board that plugs into all the switches, that's what I had coming loose. It was working loose front the center of the boat. That is what I used a cable tie to keep in place.
    2003 OUTBACK LSV

Ok. Going to check it out, right now. Will post how it turns out.

So, the board seems to be pretty tight to the dash. Every time we try to turn lights on, there is a little plastic thing behind temp gauge that lights up, then breaker pops. These related?

I pulled the plastic thing out. It is a bulb. Is this my problem?

Unfortunately, bulb is not the problem.