Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default HELP Transmission...

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    If the bolts fell out then the alignment would have been off if you ran that prop , ... If the alignment is out it will definitely cause seal failure. You can buy the seals for this and make the repair. The other cause is the use of exhust mani water for cooling of the seals....this hot water overheats the housing causing expansion and leakage
    Yea I put the bolts back in and ran it another month before I realized the seal was leaking as bad as it was...

Guess I should just let a professional handle this prop alignment/seal replacement. I'm no boat mechanic...
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Yea I put the bolts back in and ran it another month before I realized the seal was leaking as bad as it was...

Guess I should just let a professional handle this prop alignment/seal replacement. I'm no boat mechanic...
    I thought I remembered you having issues with your shaft seal last summer? Seemed like you bilge pump ran a lot at the Jam.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I thought I remembered you having issues with your shaft seal last summer? Seemed like you bilge pump ran a lot at the Jam.
    Yea I still haven't fixed it from when I noticed it after the Jam. I'm assuming the 7 hour trip there and 7 hour trip back might have been the culprit on the screws backing off and falling out. When I got home from the Jam and put the boat in the water the following weekend is when I realized the shaft had completely slipped out of the coupler. After I put it all back together and got on the water I lifted the back and crawled under to take a look and make sure the bolts were secure and that's when I saw the stream of water rolling out of the seal....

So I really don't know if the seal was bad beforehand or after I put the shaft back in and bolted the coupler back in place...

I can't seem to find much help on how to replace a Dripless seal like this
    2008 LSV Blue on White

The search never brought results so I googled the problem and this old thread came up.... Is this my fix?
    https://forum.moomba.com/archive/index.php/t-12889.html
    2008 LSV Blue on White

Yes, I wrote that up when mine was replaced under warranty. I watched the mechanic do it. Where is your cooling hose coming from?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Yes, I wrote that up when mine was replaced under warranty. I watched the mechanic do it. Where is your cooling hose coming from?
    Great write up, thanks for that!

I'm not too sure. I would need to get back out there and look around some more
    2008 LSV Blue on White