Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default launching Boat questions

I been having trouble launching and also getting the boat back on the trailer ave looking for recommendations. When i launch the boat the bow is getting stuck on the bow stop roller.when getting yhe boat back on the trailer the bow hits the bow stop roller and i struggle to get the bow over the roller. I followed the manual which says to have the fenders a couple inches under water. I am not sure if the hitch is too high or low or something else I am doing. Any suggestions?
    2007 Moomba Outback V

Sounds like you are backing the trailer too deep.

I have tried not backing as far but then struggle to get the boat off the trailer
    2007 Moomba Outback V

Default launching Boat questions

How steep of a ramp are you launching on? On the lakes I use, I put the boat trailer fenders 1" under the water and it is perfect. Sounds like your ramp is steeper than what I use.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Default Re: launching Boat questions

Sucks, it's probably the ramp angel. On my old ramp you had to power load it( insert power loading complaints, bla bla, bla).

Just leave the trailer a little higher out of the water and then use a little throttle to push it up and crank pulley at the same time..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Fenders under water to launch. Fenders tops out of water to load. Thats how I do it
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

"Fenders under water to launch. Fenders tops out of water to load."

good rule of thumb jmb!

Exactly how I do it. To launch boat, truck driver backs boat down ramp far enough where he hits the brakes and the boat slides into the water.

I tried using a lower hitch which seemed to help a little. Never really took notice to the angel of the launch ramp until today. I will have to try the fenders at the top of the water tomorrow morning. If only there was a lake community near by, I would just buy a new home on the lake, that would solve that problem quickly..... although, I may miss watching all the Wall's trying back their trailers in and out of the water. On second thought, I wouldn't miss it at all.
    2007 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbyg88 View Post
    I tried using a lower hitch which seemed to help a little. Never really took notice to the angel of the launch ramp until today. I will have to try the fenders at the top of the water tomorrow morning. If only there was a lake community near by, I would just buy a new home on the lake, that would solve that problem quickly..... although, I may miss watching all the Wall's trying back their trailers in and out of the water. On second thought, I wouldn't miss it at all.
    That would solve the problem.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Great advise on getting boat back up on trailer. Top of fenders at the surface of the water worked great. Bow came up over the bow roller and I had the wife gas it a little bit and done .. only problem the trailer winch broke.
    2007 Moomba Outback V