Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mondo Gas Gauge

Default Mondo Gas Gauge

My '12 does this as well. I have to hold the nozzle the whole time while filling, and usually can just barely squeeze the handle. I generally put paper towels right at the base of the fill hole to try and catch the burps. I also have to listen very carefully for the sounds of air rushing out of the fill hose vs the vent. I thought at one point the vent line was kinked, but I couldn't find anything when I pulled it off of the tank.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having this issue -- I have been using the paper towels around the nozzle method as well and its a big mess. At least now I know that it's not just me....
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    Today, I took the time to fill my LSV up with a gas can. At about the 3/4 tank level, the gas would start coming up the fuel hose, and slowly go down. After about 6 more gallons, the gas was at the top of the fuel hose and stopped dropping. I turned the key on, and the fuel gauge read just over a full tank. I believe the new vent system cannot keep up with the fill, and that is why we can only get 3/4 of a tank at the gas station.
    Just so I'm clear......are you basically saying that you can really only fill 30 of the 40 gallon capacity?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Re: Mondo Gas Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    Just so I'm clear......are you basically saying that you can really only fill 30 of the 40 gallon capacity?
    No, I get about 30 gallons at the gas station. I get the full 39 gallons filling slowly with a gas can.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

I top my boat off every time I go out even if I think it is going to be a quick run i don't like the idea of running out. My gauge seems to be pretty accurate. I usually don't let it get below a 1/4 tank. If it is reading a 1/2 a tank then it takes around 20 gallons to fill it. If it shows 3/4 then it takes around 10 gallons give o r take a gallon. If I am under power then my gauge will read that I have more gas than I actually do, once I am at idea or at rest it reads normal. I assume the float is at the back of the tank.

My last boat would read empty when I still had a good 1/4 tank left.
    2015 Supra SE 550