Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FAE installation with 2014 swim platform bracket

I don't want to hijack the July picture thread so Mike, would you be willing to post some instructions on how you mounted your FAE to the new 2014 brackets? I talked to Larry from FAE a couple weeks back and he said this would be one of the more difficult installs because of the new bracket but gave me a couple ideas. I am just curious how yours worked out specifically concerning the side mount option.

Mine will be shipping within the next couple days and I would like to make sure I have everything that I need.

Thanks for your help!
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Yes it is more difficult but I think I got it to work.

The hard part is the new brackets are 3 dimensional. I measured everything up while the swim deck was on the boat.

The cross beam they send has a bolt welded in one side, the other is hollow. On the bolt side you drill through both sides of your bracket, they ship a small spacer so when you torque it down the bracket doesn't bend.

On the opposite you have bolts on both sides, and the bar slides over it. On mine, the welded bolt is broken so I had to just do through bolts to both sides, them mount it all to the swim deck and it worked out.

Other wise the install is the same.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    they ship a small spacer so when you torque it down the bracket doesn't bend.
    I'm guessing you took the platform off at this point so you could drop in the spacer.

I learned a lot when I installed mine, and made some mistakes I wouldn't make again.
    I think the #1 lesson for me would be to don't be afraid to take the swim platform off. I ended up taking it off, but this was after wasting a lot of time thinking I could do it with it on. #2 would be to use a drill press for the square tubing. Keeping everything perfectly level & straight on the back side is harder than it looks.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Man I was hoping to win this at the raffle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    I'm guessing you took the platform off at this point so you could drop in the spacer.

I learned a lot when I installed mine, and made some mistakes I wouldn't make again.
    I think the #1 lesson for me would be to don't be afraid to take the swim platform off. I ended up taking it off, but this was after wasting a lot of time thinking I could do it with it on. #2 would be to use a drill press for the square tubing. Keeping everything perfectly level & straight on the back side is harder than it looks.
    Yes you have to remove the brackets from the platform.

For me with the 13 mounts I could actually remove the platform by myself. With the new ones being SS its a lot heavier, and you tilt it towards the boat to release the bottom section. This now makes it so I can't solo remove the platform.

I personally removed the platform, removed my brackets, drilled the holes, then put the brackets on the boat.
    Put the platform on the brackets, then started all the screws, once they all where started then tightened them all down. This wedged the center bar in as well. Unfortunately if you look closely you can see my center bar tiled slightly because I missed my measurement by 1/2 inch. Not sure how that happened lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Man I was hoping to win this at the raffle!
    It was funny, Jill kept telling me we didn't need the FAE, and that it wasn't that bad sitting on the back bench. But you heard how her attitude changed at the Jam. She loves it now. When we got home, she asked, "how much did we pay for that again? It seemed to be the most sought after items in the raffle". I told her I didn't remember
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

It was funny, Jill kept telling me we didn't need the FAE, and that it wasn't that bad sitting on the back bench. But you heard how her attitude changed at the Jam. She loves it now. When we got home, she asked, "how much did we pay for that again? It seemed to be the most sought after items in the raffle". I told her I didn't remember
    Claudia was the same way in the LSV the first time we got it. She was like seriously? We are spending how much for this thing? Then I installed it and the first 5 minutes on the water she kissed my cheek and said next to the stereo this is the best upgrade.

When we got the Mojo she said you better get one of those exhaust pipe things installed, I want a LOUD stereo and a quite boat LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

She thinks its funny now when we are launching, and I have to ask her if she's fired up the boat.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

She thinks its funny now when we are launching, and I have to ask her if she's fired up the boat.
    Yea I just love how you can cruise and hear water splashing. I love the growl of the V8 but honestly I love that more in my Vette then my boat hahah
    [COLOR="#696969"]

does it really make things that quiet? I have never have been on a boat with FAE before.
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!