Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default a few questions for the experts

Hey guys, have a few questions for ya. I've only had my 13' LSV out a handful of times and going to be taking it back in for its break in service here pretty soon and want to make sure I have any other problems I may have squared away as well. I'm out of town for work and forgot to grab all my info so I figured I would pester those in the know first.

My swivel rack came unhinged and swung in the other day and nearly took out a friend. I want to say I read something on here (couldn't find it) that the plunger plug or whatever the name is an item recalled by SC.

My wired remote next to the drivers seat no longer displays song/artist/title, now it just says USB when synched up.

The big one I've noticed the last two trips out and the first couple times I thought somehow I kept bumping the lever, but my wakeplate will self adjust to the full down position, when I'll have it nearly all the way up for surfing. I can't seem to trigger it myself but will only catch it after it's happened.

any help or tips are appreciated.

Nick
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Quote Originally Posted by 13mobiusLSV View Post
    The big one I've noticed the last two trips out and the first couple times I thought somehow I kept bumping the lever, but my wakeplate will self adjust to the full down position, when I'll have it nearly all the way up for surfing. I can't seem to trigger it myself but will only catch it after it's happened.

Nick
    Mine in the Mojo has done this since new, they have replaced everything but the actual switch in the steering. Still working through this.

I see it once in a while on Reg surf see it a lot on Goofy
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default a few questions for the experts

I surf goofy, so that would make sense. Keep me posted if you get a solution. The text on the wired remote worked the first day I had it, and Since then has only displayed USB.

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2003 Ebbtide Campioné 210
    1969 Sea Ray SRV 170
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

I think this is what you were looking for havent had that happen to us yet but really havent had the racks loaded to the max yet, it will be this summer so we will see, My wake plate does the same thing its annoying but i just reset every time, really not a big issue for me Ill ask the shop about it the next time i go by there The remote might have a loose wire or needs to be replaced they had to put in a new head unit in mine after only a couple trips outs and tell Ron you want to go out with us, the Supra freaks will be back in town the first of June and were going to show some kids how to surf and this time the water should be warm enough to get a set in are self, Jim https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....s-service-note
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

My swivel rack came unhinged and swung in the other day and nearly took out a friend. I want to say I read something on here (couldn't find it) that the plunger plug or whatever the name is an item recalled by SC.

My wired remote next to the drivers seat no longer displays song/artist/title, now it just says USB when synched up.
    Swivel Rack..There is a service bulletin about them.
    "Skiers Choice has identified a potential problem with the 2013 Moomba swivel wakeboard rack. The issue is the depth of the detent for the plunger pin when the rack is locked in the“outside” position. If the plunger pin does not seat deep enough, the rack could swing into the cockpit while underway. The illustration below shows the acceptable gap at the shoulder of the plunger pin and swivel base."

My remote did the same thing, I did a full reset on the radio, as I recall the reset button is behind the display. It will clear everything but it started working again as expected.

Nick
    I bought a mondo and had the racks upgraded to swivels and they had this problem. Actually swung around and hit my sister in law in the head! I believe they were the old design. Took them back to the dealer and they replaced the swivel section with the new design. Have tried them out and they work much better. Feel much safer now because while I was waiting for the replacements to come in I was using rope to secure them down to the tower.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

I have marks on my white tower from them spinning in to far and contacting the tower. Has anyone else had this problem? The dealer sent me touch paint since one side was like it when I picked it up. Planning on running the season then dealing with it in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    I have marks on my white tower from them spinning in to far and contacting the tower. Has anyone else had this problem? The dealer sent me touch paint since one side was like it when I picked it up. Planning on running the season then dealing with it in the fall.
    They should not hit the tower, I would bet they would warranty swap.

update for the guys with the plate self adjusting. Just got off the phone with the dealer, and believes the plate could be self adjusting when placing the boat in neutral. I guess it's a problem with supra's right now as well. I'm going out sunday and monday and I can let you know if I can reproduce the problem. I've tried countless other things to try and reproduce it, but can't seem to catch it, and this is one I haven't tried (or at least caught in the act)

nick
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

update for the guys with the plate self adjusting. Just got off the phone with the dealer, and believes the plate could be self adjusting when placing the boat in neutral. I guess it's a problem with supra's right now as well. I'm going out sunday and monday and I can let you know if I can reproduce the problem. I've tried countless other things to try and reproduce it, but can't seem to catch it, and this is one I haven't tried (or at least caught in the act)

nick
    I will start paying attention when i goto Neutral as well.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]