Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bilge Question

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Did this solve your problem!? If so can you elaborate on this "repacking" process? I read the page in the Manual listed above, but it doesn't say much other than to check it periodically...
    Taylor, you should have a dripless shaft seal which is a little different than the rope packing being tightened with the nut.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Did this solve your problem!? If so can you elaborate on this "repacking" process? I read the page in the Manual listed above, but it doesn't say much other than to check it periodically...
    Taylor, you should have a dripless shaft seal which is a little different than the rope packing being tightened with the nut.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Bilge Question

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Well.... Wonder where all that water is coming from then... I'm still thinking that shaft area may be the culprit, considering it separated when all the bolts came out.

It's weird tho because this wknd I lifted the engine compartment after we got on the water to make sure those three nuts and bolts were still tight and didn't see any water in there. Within 30 minutes the automatic bilge kicked on and water was shooting 3ft outta the boat as if I was sinking... Guess I just need to get back out there and pay more attention
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Yes, lake tested yesterday, wasn't dripping that I could see while under power, shut it down and floated for a bit and saw it dripping about 1 every 5 sec, so I broke out the wrench and tightened it down a little more, then no more drips

Here are threads on the packing process, with good info/lessons learned/tools:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-Brian-Raymond

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-shaft-packing
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

Default Bilge Question

Great threads!!! Thanks!!! I'll definitely be looking into this on Sat. As hard and often as it's blowing that water out, surely I'll see where it's coming from and then go from there
    2008 LSV Blue on White

Default Bilge Question

Found the culprit!!!
    2008 LSV Blue on White

Default Bilge Question

I believe a new seal is about $20. Although, you have to get the shaft out or the coupler off to replace it.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Default Bilge Question

Thanks!
    Also found the 4th bolt and nut for the coupler. That's it in the water just below the shaft
    2008 LSV Blue on White

Default Bilge Question

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    I believe a new seal is about $20. Although, you have to get the shaft out or the coupler off to replace it.
    After I separate the shaft from the coupler, is this as easy as it seems to loosen the clamps off the old seal, slide the old seal off, slide new seal on, tighten clamps, then re-attach the shaft to the coupler?? Or is there more to the seal than this???

Obviously this is not a fast switch out due to the lack of space to get tools in there, but is that the gist to it???
    2008 LSV Blue on White

Default Bilge Question

After I separate the shaft from the coupler, is this as easy as it seems to loosen the clamps off the old seal, slide the old seal off, slide new seal on, tighten clamps, then re-attach the shaft to the coupler?? Or is there more to the seal than this???

Obviously this is not a fast switch out due to the lack of space to get tools in there, but is that the gist to it???
    Once the coupler is off you can leave the droplets unit in place. Remove graphite seal from dripless unit and then install new one. Make sure to drive the new seal in straight and be careful to not damage the new seal when sliding down the shaft.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there