Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Yea, the thought police are going to come and lock you up for thinking you can do something yourself that has already been done.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

The factory FAE does not make a significant change at the surface for me. The hydrofoilers notice the submarine disturbance if they ride directly behind the boat.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Trayson looking at your setup I think the reason you see an effect on the wake and surf is because when your device it too close to the bottom of your hull, the water coming off your boat is fitting it directly.

Also if you notice the FAE actually sits above my wake plate, not behind it. This way water trailing off the wake plate is still passing under my FAE. Also the entire FAE is above the wake plate. Your exhaust pipe outlets are set wider then your FAE and thus causing drag.

Last edited by mmandley; 07-02-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I agree Mike. It's acting like a huge trim tab!!!!!!!!

I certainly can't change the location of my exhaust ports. I *thought* it'd be okay since the real FAE has basically the same setup on an older sunsport like mine. This is a picture of a real FAE install on a boat even older than mine:

But again, if I focus on bringing my piping UP and in, I think it'll be better for version two...
    I also need to do better measurement for the downspout and make it more streamlined and robust.

Thanks for the insight everyone.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

You notice they extended the width of the trim tab with the blue sections? That it protecting the FAE from water coming off the bottom of the boat.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    You notice they extended the width of the trim tab with the blue sections? That it protecting the FAE from water coming off the bottom of the boat.
    I didn't see that! interesting for sure.

here's another supra install:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I didn't see that! interesting for sure.

here's another supra install:

Downspout is backwards lol.

IDK I'm thinking its your height like your thinking as well, wouldn't hurt to try adding side tabs to the water coming off the bottom has a smooth surface to flow off of.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Downspout is backwards lol.

IDK I'm thinking its your height like your thinking as well, wouldn't hurt to try adding side tabs to the water coming off the bottom has a smooth surface to flow off of.
    Yeah, they fixed the downspout after that pic was taken! LOL.

My hull is curved upwards though after the wakeplate so it'd be kinda tricky.

I'd imagine that for V2, I'd focus on the up/in and correct downspout length and if I was satisfied--then leave it. Fabbing trim tab extensions seems like a bit of a pain.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Fabbing trim tab extensions seems like a bit of a pain.
    WHAT?!!!! This coming from the guy who made his own Flow? BWAHAHA
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Trayson, maybe try lifting the whole assemble up closer to your platform and lengthen the down pipe the same amount, that may get it out of the water
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart