Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rope less tips?

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Don't squat so much..

Really you're probably leaning back with your weight on the back leg. This makes it harder to stay on the wave, ie you're riding with the brakes on.

Either push down with your front foot or move both feet forward so when you're standing straight up the board is moving towards the boat.
    I'm pretty sure that is exactly what I've been doing, I'll work on that forward foot weight. I've noticed it's hard to move around on the board once I'm up, so I'll try and get it alittle more forward to begin with. Great tips guys!!!
    Dave
    2006 Mobius LSV, Upgrades.....900 rear Bags, IBS Bag, Wetsounds tower speakers, JL 12" sub, JL cabin speakers, JL amp, Clarion deck, Clarion transom and helm remote, dual batteries w perko switch, depth gauge w air\water temp, 1433 prop, travel snap cover.

There are the tips that made all the difference for me to finally start riding ropeless:

Think of it as riding toe side edge on a snowboard. Put most of your weight on front foot big toe, 65% front / 35% rear. looking at the swim deck helped me as well. Don't pull yourself into the wave the second you get up. Stay back, then surf into the wave. Like others have said, hold on to the damn rope till you are good! I say again, weight on big toe on your front foot is key.

Default rope less tips?

Quote Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
    looking at the swim deck helped me as well
    YES!! Forgot about that! Helps with balance!

Like when you stand on one leg while stretching your other quad before the big game as you keep having to put your foot down to catch yourself from falling over cuz you're looking into the crowd!

Then Coach yells, put your head down, find a blade of grass and focus on it! You look like a bunch of clowns out there dancing around.... 😡

It always worked...😎
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Thanks Guys for all the tips... I was able to get a good 30-45 secs of no rope
    Dave
    2006 Mobius LSV, Upgrades.....900 rear Bags, IBS Bag, Wetsounds tower speakers, JL 12" sub, JL cabin speakers, JL amp, Clarion deck, Clarion transom and helm remote, dual batteries w perko switch, depth gauge w air\water temp, 1433 prop, travel snap cover.

good work!

But your letting go of the rope too soon in your wakesurfing career.

3 most important rules of wakesurfing when you are just learning:

Hold the rope, learn the wave.

Don't bite the ears off the rabbit

I would try to slow the boat down to between 9 and 10. I found it worked best for me. The wave feels like it has more push around that speed for me
    2008 Outback V
    Gravity III ballast
    750 rear lockers
    Stock center