Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by slipperyrockTKE300 View Post
    I'd welcome the challenge of going toe to toe with any other Moomba out there with equal ballast.
    I'll take that challenge on, just because I don't think I ever got to surf your OBV
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

You are welcome to surf Martha when ever you choose! I'm pretty sure she threw a wake over your transom at Lake Harris

What speed and where is your wake plate?

I have been running 9.5-10.0 and 1/2.
    1988 Ski Centurion Falcon
    2013 Moomba Outback V

Ya know... I never know if it is up or down. I set it so the needle is all the way to the left on the gauge. Is that up or down?

My speed is 10 mph - I use the Perfect Pass Stargazer.

Most often there are just 2 people in the boat when someone is surfing.

My average water depth is only about 7 feet.

Sorry for the delay, but here's a couple pics!
    photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Default Ballast Setup

Question on ballast setup using a stock outback v. Are you guys filling all 3 stock ballasts full? I have a 2013 outback V with the 3 ballast stock setup and adjustable wake plate.

Thx!

Default 2014 Outback V Surf Ballast

In the rear just fill the sac on the surf side.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

i have 750 rear lockers stock 400's surf side rear seat stock ski locker full and 1000 fly high open bow sack from wake makers. usually a driver and two more on boat 10.5mph wake plate in-between 3/4 and 1/2 up regular and all the way up to 3/4 up goofy since the wave seems to stay cleaner on that side. if you don't feel safe with all that weight fill your non surf till the list of the boat feels a lil comfortable (best wave is with non surf side empty i found)
    2013 outbackv

oh yeah your wake plate is all the way up when your nose goes up and all the way down when it does the opposite left up right down on the gauge
    2013 outbackv

So just trying my 2014 Outback V out surfing and trying to get it dialed. Wave seemed to be best with surf side (right since I am goofy) full, non surf 20% or less and front about 2/3 full and the wake plate between 1/2 and 3/4. Speed 10.5 or so. Just have factory bags which I think are 400 in each. Board is an O'Brien Nala. 4'6" Wake seems ok with a small sweet spot. I can ride with some slack in the line but typically drift out the back of the wave within 20 seconds or less. Trying to learn to pump to stay in the wave. My wake seems like it doesn't have enough push.

So reading through this thread, it seems like there are a few suggestions. 1. Get better! First boat and have only surfed three times behind another boat so this will happen over time. 2. Beef up the rear ballasts. Sounds like going to 750's would make a big difference. Anything else? Curious about the surf tabs that I can put on this boat. Are they work it? I thought the dealer said $750.

Lastly, what about the board I have? Guy at the shop said it was a good starter board for me and my kids (ages 9, 7 and 4 but mostly 9 and 7 for now). I think I should have researched this a little bit before buying based on one suggestion. I am just 145#. What would you recommend for a board for a new surfer who has wakeboarded a lot in the past? Should I have one board for the kids and one for me?

Thanks!

Karl
    Karl

2014 Outback V