Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That actually sounds like a good idea. Do you still have the center bag? And could I get a little more info as to how you did that and what hardware you needed? Thank you all, I appreciate the advice!

I will try to explain the best I can without pics. My boat is 7 hrs away.
    The hardest part of this mod was getting the damn cemented plugs out of the factory bags. Wakemakers has a video on how to do it. I will try to follow the waters path as I go through.

Starting with the center bag. Fill Drain lines remains the same. I moved the vent line from the current location on top to the hole towards the bow. (I did this to keep the connections hidden and so when the bag fills it does not push on them). I put a short hose going to a Tee. Off the tee one hose goes to the observer side up with the battery cables. (I had to remove the plastic thing on the floor around the hole to get the hose to fit) The other side of the tee I extended the factory vent hose using a hose barb union to make that hose long enough to reach the front. (2 reason for not messing with this hose 1. It looked like a challange to run a hose towards the driver side and 2. If it did not work i have the original vent line ready.) Both hose are then connected to the bags that I placed under the bow seats (using the holes towards the rear of the boat)

Bow sacs: Off the connections closest to the bow ran a vent hose from each to a Tee and then place a check valve on the line going to the side of the boat.

Purchase list:
    3 Flow Rite W741 (straight)
    2 W746
    2 Plugs W731
    2 1" Hose Barb Tee
    1 1" Hose Barb Union
    1 Check Valve
    25 Ft 1" hose
    16 Hose Clamps

I would suggest getting 2 check valves for the rear bags and a couple extra flow rite connectors when you are making this purchase.

PM my your email I have a picture of a drawn diagram if that would help.
    1988 Ski Centurion Falcon
    2013 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post

And welcome to the family and watch your checkbook as these guys can help you spend it pretty darn quick!!

what, never, not here
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thank you very much, I'll definitely consider it!

Default 2014 Outback V Surf Ballast

Anyone know of someone selling an used IBS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Outback V

Here's a decent one with the auction ending on ebay soon....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fly-High-Pro...item4d1fb8d66a
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

you don't need an IBS. You need a surfboard that fits you.

Wish the edit function was available for a longer time.... anyhow.....

I have been surfing behind a Moomba since 2005. I have been thru every imaginable ballast set-up with a DD and the NG Outback V boat. I can tell you thru experience that bigger and more expensive ballast is not always the answer.

You can have a 6 foot tall wave, 20 feet behind the boat and still suck as a surfer.

Please, everyone with a NG OBV....don't rush out and buy things you do not need.

Learn to use the basics (750 in rear corners, stock 400 in front, and a passenger or two) and then as you improve your skills, you may want more and you may be totally satisfied with what works.

The NG OBV is a hell of a surf boat. I'm betting as good as anything in the present Moomba stable - at least what I have seen in pictures so far.

I'd welcome the challenge of going toe to toe with any other Moomba out there with equal ballast.

Haven't seen that one before........what is NG?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Ahhh, we coined that a few years ago.

NG OBV means "New Generation Outback V".

As opposed to the 2008 and earlier Outback V's, which were OG OBV's (Old Generation)