Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Update:::::

It isn't my progressive edge or anything like that, I was stomping it and getting the right amount of leg extension the entire time it really has to do with laying down a really hard edge and getting a lot of speed and committing. I am 6'1" and about 210 so I really need to dig hard and focus on speed and really stomping the lip of the wake as I come into it. I can consistently go big but I just loose strength quick. I guess I'm setting old or something. I am now 36 and this year I really wanted to land a 360 just for coolness. If anyone had advice on a 360 spin please let me know. I have been working on handle passing with a weighted handle, I just really dont know when to commit and pull the handle across my body
    What size board are you riding? What speed and length are you riding?

While you are on the larger side you should not have to work hard to do a heelside w2w jump. If you have to "edge really hard and commit" the boat will win the tug-o-war every time when you try to spin and you will not get the handle back behind your back in the other hand.

With that said... you need solid wake jump. Once in the air you need a 2 handed pull to "put the handle in your back pocket" turning your head over lead shoulder at same time. When you feel the handle against you back hip release your lead hand keeping it as close to you body as possible and reach for the handle. Once the handle is passed to other hand the hard part is over and the rest will happen naturally.

The worst thing that can happen is you keep a lot of line tension or edge against the boat. The boat pulls the handle away from your body at about 210 degrees of rotation and you catch the dreaded back edge.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Thanks for the response, I ride a 146 Slingshot Hooke and a 146 Ronix One. I just got the Ronix and to be honest I like it a little better than the Hooke because it has a rounder edge and I feel more confident not catching an edge. I ride at like 23.5 and at about 70 foot back. I am easily able to jump wake to wake consistently if the water is nice and not rough. I have been able to do wake to wake 180's but 99% of the time crash. I am absolutely able to do 180's any other time but for some reason when I try to go big I always eat it. If I am in the flats just cruising I can pop up and 180 all day long no problem. I need guidance on that part of my riding too.

I think its the landing pat that has be so messed up, I have been trying to ride goofy more. I think I obviously need to get a w2w 180 down easily before a 360 but I am just trying to figure it all out

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    What size board are you riding? What speed and length are you riding?

While you are on the larger side you should not have to work hard to do a heelside w2w jump. If you have to "edge really hard and commit" the boat will win the tug-o-war every time when you try to spin and you will not get the handle back behind your back in the other hand.

With that said... you need solid wake jump. Once in the air you need a 2 handed pull to "put the handle in your back pocket" turning your head over lead shoulder at same time. When you feel the handle against you back hip release your lead hand keeping it as close to you body as possible and reach for the handle. Once the handle is passed to other hand the hard part is over and the rest will happen naturally.

The worst thing that can happen is you keep a lot of line tension or edge against the boat. The boat pulls the handle away from your body at about 210 degrees of rotation and you catch the dreaded back edge.

Default Line Tension Help

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Thanks for the response, I ride a 146 Slingshot Hooke and a 146 Ronix One. I just got the Ronix and to be honest I like it a little better than the Hooke because it has a rounder edge and I feel more confident not catching an edge. I ride at like 23.5 and at about 70 foot back. I am easily able to jump wake to wake consistently if the water is nice and not rough. I have been able to do wake to wake 180's but 99% of the time crash. I am absolutely able to do 180's any other time but for some reason when I try to go big I always eat it. If I am in the flats just cruising I can pop up and 180 all day long no problem. I need guidance on that part of my riding too.

I think its the landing pat that has be so messed up, I have been trying to ride goofy more. I think I obviously need to get a w2w 180 down easily before a 360 but I am just trying to figure it all out
    Ok, video would be very helpful. Definitely do lots of riding switch an IMO slow the boat down and shorten the line if you need too. I suspect you troubles may be coming from the speed allowing the handle to control you rather than you control the handle.

If you can ride with your elbows pinned to your side on a heelside approach and the handle pinned to your hip on a toe side approach then you can control. If the handle is away from your body you are just along for the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post

If you can ride with your elbows pinned to your side on a heelside approach and the handle pinned to your hip on a toe side approach then you can control. If the handle is away from your body you are just along for the ride.
    I'm trying to learn w2w and I've been following this thread. I've been concentrating on line tension and edging, which is helping, but the above quote is quite prophetic ....

This being my first boat and really my first opportunity to progress with some descent handle time, I'm hoping to achieve a lofty w2w ( with grab would be nice )before Father Time has other plans.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Default Line Tension Help

Quote Originally Posted by ninedriver View Post
    I'm trying to learn w2w and I've been following this thread. I've been concentrating on line tension and edging, which is helping, but the above quote is quite prophetic ....

This being my first boat and really my first opportunity to progress with some descent handle time, I'm hoping to achieve a lofty w2w ( with grab would be nice )before Father Time has other plans.
    Right on! When you start working on the grabs make sure you get good clean wake jump then bring the board up for the grab don't go down for the grab. Start with a Heel side Indy grab (back hand toe side grab between feet) try to initiate the grab about halfway across the wakes. Start with just touching the board then progress to holding the grab as long as possible.

Get some video and share your progression....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450