Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    I know we'll be looking at the Ecoboost Expedition EL when they are released here in a few months. I'm hoping everything I've read about the trucks carry over to that platform.
    We love her expedition but I wish I could have got an ecoboost in it. It sounds cool with a v8 but my truck beats the expedition with gas milage and torque. I love the turning radius of the expedition though. It is actually easier to maneuver with the boat.

An XL could be the ultimate tow/vacation SUV with an ecoboost. Just make sure you get a backup camera!
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Default Any Ford experts here?

This would be our first Ford, We've been very loyal GM people, but are open to the change. So we're between the'15 suburban or the expedition. The wife loves her '11 suburban now, but we're in the market for a new family vehicle.

The deciding factors will be the gas mileage and towing capability.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

If you want the SXT trim for the price, to keep the new truck cost down then get the V8, most have a decent rebate because people are willing to pay the Eco Boost mark up.

The V8 will get decent mileage, when unloaded, loaded it will pull fine but the mileage will suffer a lot.

The Ecoboost is a double edge sword.

Towing its a beast, hands down will out run the V8 versions. Twin Turbos create a lot of low end torque.
    Mileage is all up to you. I know people up here getting 15 and complaining, but with the Eco you really have to stay under 2K all the time. Once you go over 2K it changes fuel ratios and spins up both turbos and bye bye mileage.

I personally see 18mpg all the time. My lifetime so fare, as I have not reset my Trip B at 8900 miles is 16.9 and thats with towing the Mojo this season thus fare.

I think its worth the 4-5K in price increase to get an XLT truck with Ecoboost. Also the resale I think will hold better.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Great info... I am working on the 5.0 V8 as we speak... hopefully if all goes the way I want it I will be posting a pic of a black truck hooked to a black boat. I mean come on, they have to match... right?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    Great info... I am working on the 5.0 V8 as we speak... hopefully if all goes the way I want it I will be posting a pic of a black truck hooked to a black boat. I mean come on, they have to match... right?
    This is what I picked up last night. 5.0 liter with the towing package. As usual, car companies can't always match up the right accessories and this didn't come with the camera so I will move the one from my other F150 to it. I'm not crazy about the running boards but they are mounted above the frame of the truck but the chrome hurts my eyes. Getting set up for window tinting, Line-X and a soft tonneau cover (I'll do myself). I never look at gas mileage so I never compared the engines as I stuck with what works for me. I got it a shade under $30K with a bunch of rebates. Good luck in your search.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    Well maybe LOL. I lost my matching Grey when I went to Black, but I really wanted the all black look.

Zabooda good looking truck man.

I do have to say I'm not pleased with the mounting point of the new steps, on my other 3 trucks it was lower allowing it to be a little easier to get in. With the new mounting its a small step from the step to the cab.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Any Ford experts here?

For the life of my truck, nearly 41k miles... My milage is at 15.9mpg. This includes idling warm ups, in town, towing a Mojo at 70mph and 14 hr road trips. It doesn't hit the 20+mpg very often... Bet then again it isn't a Prius... It a big dang truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

We might be twins... we are inching closer to a deealio.

Again, thanks for all the info guys, it has helped with my decisions.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by marman View Post
    I would rather go to the dentist.
    No freakin' way!!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

All right, Casey. What happened? Let's see some pics.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!