Default Setup kicker zxm control

What's is the best way to start setting up my amps with this controller? Should I turn the radio all the way up and then the controls on the zxm to a certain percent and then set my amps?

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    What's is the best way to start setting up my amps with this controller? Should I turn the radio all the way up and then the controls on the zxm to a certain percent and then set my amps?
    Head unit: tone controls flat, no boost or cut. Loudness OFF. Volume set to 75% of max.
    ZXM-RLC: Both controls maxed out.
    Amps: start with gain all the way down and slowly go up.

The ZXM-RLC is a voltage doubler so your gains will end up set lower than if the ZXM-RLC was not in the signal chain. this is normal.

Phil
    Kicker

BTW, your radio will almost never be turned all the way up, unless you are playing a low amplitude, (low volume) song. Very few head units work at 100% volume without clipping on normal music.

FYI

Phil
    Kicker

Thanks. I had clipping . I was turning the radio up all the wSy and then the zxm controls about 1/2

Yeah, the clipping was EITHER coming from the radio behaving badly at full volume OR the amp gains were too high.

Good luck! I will check back later tomorrow so post up your results. Happy to help

Phil
    Kicker

Sounds great now. Turned volume on radio to 28 and the volume knobs on the zxm 100% and adjusted gains. Much louder now and clearer. No clipping on various types of music. Thanks.