Default North Lake Lanier Ski Area's

So I have my Moomba on the south end of the lake and to be honest with you I am about fed up with the jet ski's and tubes. There is a very specific cove that I go to on the south end that is usually flat and calm but at around 11:30 on the weekends it turns into a mad house. The cove is literally big enough for one boat at a time to go and keep the water calm. I usually get out there early in the morning and usually the people who are there early are taking turns (which is a great idea) and just running one boat at a time. I'm fine with this and love the idea but around 1130 people just show up and immediately drop a tube and just go. Also Jet skis show up and just start flying all over the place.

I made sure everyone on the boat this last weekend got a tun skiing before I jumped in and as soon as I got in the water 3 jet skis and 3 boats pulling tubes showed up and turned the calm water into an ocean. I realize that I don't own the lake but I find it extremely rude that people even ride jet ski's and pull tubes in such a small cove when there is a huge lake out there to do that stuff in. I obviously am getting really frustrated lately with these people on lake lanier. I think these idiots feel like its a safer cove to tube in because its smaller but because so many of them show up, its actually more dangerous than the big water.

I totally get the tube thing and I actually have a bunch of them but we always go out to a different part of the lake (away from flat water) and have a good time. I also get the jet ski thing but again go out in the big water and jump the wakes.

Since I know I don't own the lake and I figure you cant confront these people without it escalating into a fight I figured I would try to find a different place to go. I was looking at the map last night after we got off the lake and it looks like there may be better water on the north end. It would take me about 1.5 hours to get up there by boat so I obviously don't want to make the trip for nothing. I have some family coming into town this weekend to do some wakeboarding and I was thinking about making the trip up there on Saturday if its worth the time and gas. Can someone please let me know. Also if there is a good place on the south end that I am just not seeing I am also open to that. You can PM me or respond to this string.

Default Re: North Lake Lanier Ski Area's

Get up earlier.. Sucks, I moved to the river this year, best thing I ever did.

Once those tubers come out I bust out the Surf wake and send huge rollers towards them. They hate that..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I get out there every weekend at like 9 or so. When I get to my cove there are usually a few slalom guys there and I always give them priority. I am looking for some hidden places and willing to take a 1.5 hour boat ride to get away from these jet ski's and tubes

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Get up earlier.. Sucks, I moved to the river this year, best thing I ever did.

Once those tubers come out I bust out the Surf wake and send huge rollers towards them. They hate that..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

we had relatively good luck up at the Little Hall Park area where we held the Southern Surfest.

http://lakelanierparks.com/lake-lani...-hall-park.php

I was thinking about maybe trying out Taylor Creek right around the corner from there. Is it worth the time to cruise up there as compared to the south end of the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    we had relatively good luck up at the Little Hall Park area where we held the Southern Surfest.

http://lakelanierparks.com/lake-lani...-hall-park.php

I don't spend much time on Lanier for the reasons you posted, but the folks that I know will make the extra drive to the North end to save their sanity.

public lakes and weekends, just about enough to make you get out of boating. we have the same issue on our lake. we make the best of it but by 12 were headed home.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Its so frustrating that you spend 35k+ on a boat, another 3+k in accessories and boards and skis and all the other stuff that goes along with that for such a large investment your still at the mercy of some guy riding a $1000.00 jet ski just ruining the water.

I would absolutely love to buy a house on a private lake somewhere. My cousin went in with like 8 other guys and bought land on an old rock quarry. It has a slalom course set up perfectly for skiing and wakeboarding. I need to find one of those places.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    public lakes and weekends, just about enough to make you get out of boating. we have the same issue on our lake. we make the best of it but by 12 were headed home.

I live on the south side of lanier. Weekdays are always good. Weekends are only good until 930-10 am. After that its surfing or swimming. If you cant get up early go north as far as you can.