Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    That's odd. Mine open all the way with no restriction. Looks like a straight through 3/4" pipe
    You bought motorized ball valves. Open/Closed.

I took a chance and bought a motorized TEE. I bought a different product so that I could have one inlet, and TWO outlets. (directing the flow from my one reversible pump to fill either the underseat bag or the bow bag.

This is what I bought.

So our applications are a bit different. Ultimately, I'll have to get the ball valves like you and put a plastic TEE before them.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    Motorized ball valves fill times:

Filled all three bags at the same time: 750's X 2, 400 X 1: all filled in 12 minutes.

Couldn't be happier. Interestingly they drain better as well. I think the sprinkler valves allowed air into the system. With the motorized ball valves my bags completely drain all the water and air.
    Do you have vent lines? Or are you just having the bags "vent" by pushing water through the drain pump when they're full?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Ballast pumps, sprinkler valves..?

Oh. Gotcha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Would this work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010LT2K9I...5IOFJWL5&psc=1

Seems like this would wire into the existing system pretty easily.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

This version is cheaper even for the 1" valve, same spring return setup.

http://www.tf-valvefittings.com/goods-290.html

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

just having the bags "vent" by pushing water through the drain pump when they're full?
    Just note, having water purge though the aerator drain pump may relieve some pressure in the sac, but it will not purge or vent air that accumulates at the top of the filled sac.

I highly suggest all ballast sacs have a top mounted vent line.

Quote Originally Posted by aerolland View Post
    This version is cheaper even for the 1" valve, same spring return setup.

http://www.tf-valvefittings.com/goods-290.html

Had I gone through the process myself rather than dragging my feet, I would have known by now that your Amazon link is equal price after shipping charges from Mainland China. You have found a good valve on Amazon (Prime gets it to you by Sunday too) - I just ordered 3x - 1" valves.

I won't see a flow improvement until I revamp my bag fill lines to 1" but I plan do do that over the winter. 3/4" ball valves are good up to about 22GPM (~1,400 GPH) which for normal conditions would be fine (say filling more than 1 bag at a time) BUT if you wanted to fill only 1 bag quickly (or say top off a surf side bag) and you were feeding the fill manifold with TWO large aerator pumps, you will exceed the flow rate limit of the 3/4" valves. 1" valves allow you to reach around 45GPM (~2,700 GPH) which will handle the solo bag fill entirely.

That said, I would suggest ponying up for the 1" valves if you ever plan to upgrade to a second supply pump and/or your fill lines to each bag.

Here is the analysis I did when I was originally looking towards upgrading to the Irritol valves (yeah I know, I'm an engineer... but I can't help it). I have modified it to represent the full flow characteristics of adding a second large aerator pump. I assume 200% flow capacity, but that wont be true in practice, probably more around 170-180% but you get the idea. The crossing point of the YELLOW head loss and BLUE pump curve represents max flow rate capable - double that for a second pump.

In theory, one could get ~10 mins fill times with this setup, pushing 2,560lbs. Like I said, in theory.

2008 OBV
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Just note, having water purge though the aerator drain pump may relieve some pressure in the sac, but it will not purge or vent air that accumulates at the top of the filled sac.

I highly suggest all ballast sacs have a top mounted vent line.
    ^^^^^ Wise words there! agreed.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My set up probably filled 1900#'s in 10 min or less. But my HDHD got the better of me and I got sidetracked and only refocused when my back compartment lids popped open and water was flowing out the vent lines.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Default Ballast pumps, sprinkler valves..?

Boat got a little love tonight, out with the old and in with the new!

New 1" servo ball valves. Designed the manifold to accept another 1200 GPH pump input on the other side, will add this winter after the season shuts down. Added the 750# IBS bag in the nose too. We'll find out tomorrow afternoon how the surf wave looks now !!

2008 OBV
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker