Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default All Things GoPro

I can't remember if I posted this or not but Abe from GoPro posts TONS of helpful info if you ever need reading material...
    http://abekislevitz.com/understanding-your-new-gopro/
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Interesting. I've also found that I can't play my raw videos on either my laptop or my media PC without the video being jerky and the pic freezing up. I've tried playing directly off the gopro hooked up to USB and I've tried playing off the HD of my media PC as well. Both are jumpy and pretty much unwatchable using VLC media player.

Thoughts on this?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    I can't remember if I posted this or not but Abe from GoPro posts TONS of helpful info if you ever need reading material...
    http://abekislevitz.com/understanding-your-new-gopro/
    Scanned it. Looks interesting. Too bad it's not updated for the handful of changes that came with the 3+ black. It'd be nice to a comprehensive article like that that includes the latest upgrades too...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default All Things GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Interesting. I've also found that I can't play my raw videos on either my laptop or my media PC without the video being jerky and the pic freezing up. I've tried playing directly off the gopro hooked up to USB and I've tried playing off the HD of my media PC as well. Both are jumpy and pretty much unwatchable using VLC media player.

Thoughts on this?
    My laptop can't handle the playback of the GoPro footage mainly due to the lack of processor. You really need AT LEAST 3ghrtz processor. GoPro recommends a minimum of 3.2-3.5 and better...

I bought a brand new high speed desktop specifically for photography/videos/GoPro stuff and it's super fast (3.5ghrtz) with tons of hard drive but I'm already noticing it slowing down from using up almost 300gb of hard drive space.

Also, I did see that even when my computer was brand new, VLC played my videos without any skips/chops, but Windows Media Player and QuickTime both still had a hard time sometimes.

My desktop still can't handle 4k photos in a time lapse without lowering the quality of the previews in GP Studio... The files are just too big too go in sequence really fast...

All in all... GoPro footage is extremely large in a sense of taking up space on your computer. Might be helpful to buy an external Hard drive from Walmart. This would help in freeing up space on your computer to make it run faster/better..

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba...Drive/17654758
    2008 LSV Blue on White

Good use of the helmet with a curved surface mount. It stood up to the jumping.

http://youtu.be/VCgCbiNnli4
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have a pretty good surf setup with the GoPro.. if stick the suction cup mount just to the side of the storage locker near the back...

i recommend attaching a string or some backup method to the gopro mount in case the suction was to fail... as it will not float.

anyone have any advice on mounting to a board without destroying the board removing the adhesive from a mount?
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Testing out my ghetto homemade GoPro pole.. made to float in the event of a drop...

ballast was weak so surfing kinda of sucks.. but cool to see some neat angles

2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Default All Things GoPro

A little GoPro Labor Day Wknd fun! Lake time (surf and body board), Training session with the dogs, and Golf! Good times!

Click the gear box in bottom right corner to watch in 1080p HD

http://youtu.be/owJEx6rsDyc
    2008 LSV Blue on White

Loved the dog mount! Mine would probably be on the bottom of the lake if I tried that... (camera, well maybe the dog too)
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default All Things GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Loved the dog mount! Mine would probably be on the bottom of the lake if I tried that... (camera, well maybe the dog too)
    Thanks, I actually just used my chest mount. I didn't think it would work near as well as it turned out! Shady is getting older and I basically just use her to help train the younger ones. She's very laid back and it didn't bother her a bit. I strapped it down pretty snug too!!!
    2008 LSV Blue on White