Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Tgoody- great vid! I haven't done any with a bunch of edits in a long time but can feel your pain. Have spent hours, even days messing with post production before. You sit down, get hooked, look up and it's 2am - ah crap!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default All Things GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    chromecast?
    Never even heard of that! Seems like quite the device! You guys have them, good quality on the TV?

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Tgoody- great vid! I haven't done any with a bunch of edits in a long time but can feel your pain. Have spent hours, even days messing with post production before. You sit down, get hooked, look up and it's 2am - ah crap!
    Thanks! And yea I get in the zone sometimes and completely lose track of time. It's great tho, best purchase I've made in years!
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Default Re: All Things GoPro

Chromecast is awesome, 1080p and most andriod apps support it, Netflix, HBO, plex, youtube, even chrome browser on your computer.

Can even mirror your android phone to the TV with a simple click. I believe apple apps, at least the bigger ones support it as well..

I did pickup a roku streaming stick for my brother, same price, he's got an iPhone (small screen so its harder to use). It comes with a remote which is nicer for older folks..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default All Things GoPro

+1 for chromecast!! I use it from my iPhone and stream it from the computer. I have 2 of them in the house.
    1998 Outback

Default All Things GoPro

So this will work from my desktop computer in another room to play on my HD tv in the living room just by plugging it in my HDMI slot!?
    2008 LSV Blue on White

Default Re: All Things GoPro

Computer, or phone, tablets..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default All Things GoPro

That it does!! Chromecast app on phones/tablets and a extension on your desktop chrome browser. We use it for YouTube, Hulu+, Netflix, and different websites on the computer. It all works off of wifi. There is a tab/button on the different apps so you can "cast" it to the tv, and if you cast from your phone/tablet you can still use your phone/tablet. We cut our $100+\mo cable bill a couple months ago and it's worked awesome!
    1998 Outback

Default All Things GoPro

In case you guys like deals and don't mind the 2week wait on shipping from Hong Kong... The sponsor posted this on goprofanatics so I thought I'd share here... I just put in a order so I'll let ya know!

http://www.dx.com/s/gopro
    2008 LSV Blue on White

So what video mode are you guys using?

I've been using 720p superview at 100 Frames per second. I have a 3+ black edition obviously.

Am I just wasting bandwidth and file size doing the 100 FPS if I'm just uploading to youtube most the time?

I like the idea of the superview because I'm using all of the vertical part of the image sensor (instead of cropping when recording in widescreen). And I prefer the stretch of the outside edges over having vertical bars. So I don't see a huge reason to change from the superview...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default All Things GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    1080/60 is super sweet setting that handles almost everything. My favorite, but I just realized through my past 2 videos I made that when I used 720/120 the slow motion is seamless with no jerks... In 1080/60 when you try to slow down too much, the final export of the video has a jitter between frames and sometimes rolls back a few frames... I filmed the Texas Jam in 1080/60, but on some of the slow-mo shots there's big jerks in it because I slowed it down more than the 60fps could handle...

In short, (for me) I'll most likely use 720/120 from now on for action shots, then back to 1080/60 for everything else

This is a great example. Here's a 720/120 fps video with no skips/jerks between slow-mo and real time:

http://youtu.be/3zjS045nX2g
    Here's my post from awhile back...

Also, as far as YouTube goes... I filmed that GoPro The Gulf in 1440/30W with the Hero3, 4k for the time lapse shots, 1080/60M and 720/120N (feeding frenzy) with my Hero3+. I used GoPro studio and exported it in 1080/60fps/50bitrate and YouTube took it and you can watch it in 1080 on YT. I run everything I do in those settings.

Here's a chart y'all should save to your phone:

http://m.imgur.com/a/CjmC5
    2008 LSV Blue on White