Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Don't know what the '12 is like, but in my 07 I relocated the battery boxes as far forward as possible. It gave me about 3-4" extra room. The amps are mounted on the back side of the bulkhead, and on the back of the front seat, above the batteries. My ACR is on the front side of the bulkhead, and that leaves plenty of room for everyone's boat bags/backpacks/purses. My cooler sits behind the driver's seat. Carry three ski's under starboard seats, one of which is my Connelly V with double sidewinder bindings. In the starboard locker bottom up I have; 400lb bag, buoys, surf board, deflated tube, and most commonly used life jackets. Room to spare in there for other "necessities". In port locker I just have my 1000 lb bag. I had 8 people and all our junk out last week with no floor space taken for stuff except the cooler.
    2007 LSV

Oh, and I don't use any wakeboard racks at all!
    2007 LSV

Ok I'm really confused with this wake plate setting. Everyone on here says put the wake plate all the way up but when I do all I get is unsurfable white wash. If I put the plate all the way down to 3/4 down I get a decent wave.

Actually went rope less for the first time yesterday

Set up is 400 center full, 750 full port side, starboard empty.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

What weight are you running and how fast are you going?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wake plate up=bow up= no wash and taller rampy wave.
    2007 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    What weight are you running and how fast are you going?
    Weight as stated only me on the board and wife driven plus a 6 year old. Speed at 10 but have tried down to 9 and up the 11 with the same results.
    2008 LSV on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by Beejwest View Post
    Wake plate up=bow up= no wash and taller rampy wave.
    That's why I'm asking. For me Wake plate up=bow up= Nothing but wash...

But when I get the bow down that when I see the wave
    2008 LSV on the way out

Ok, I am not trying to sound condescending but the wake plate indicator is sometimes confusing. All the way to the left is "plate up bow up" and all the way to the right is "plate down bow down".

If it is indeed in the correct position, what does it do to the wave when you reverse it? Does it clean up? Maybe your gauge is wired incorrectly.

If not, you should get a "just ok" wave with 750 port and 400 center. It wont be spectacular, but surfable at least. There should be almost no whitewash on the port side of the wave, just a smooth transition until it curls at the back of the pocket. Good starting point on speed is 10.5 with your weight. The more you add, the faster you may need to go to get the shape right. With only that weight on though, anywhere from 9-11 should be fairly decent.

Is the boat listing at all under that weight? The list and uneven weight distribution is what is creating that wave, so no list, no wave.

You got a pic of what it's doing?
    2007 LSV

Default Re: Weighting an Lsv

You start with the plate up, or whatever position makes the bow rise in the air.

Then adjust the speed to form a decent wave. Then you lower the plate to clean up the wave or make it longer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Beejwest View Post
    Ok, I am not trying to sound condescending but the wake plate indicator is sometimes confusing. All the way to the left is "plate up bow up" and all the way to the right is "plate down bow down".

If it is indeed in the correct position, what does it do to the wave when you reverse it? Does it clean up? Maybe your gauge is wired incorrectly.

If not, you should get a "just ok" wave with 750 port and 400 center. It wont be spectacular, but surfable at least. There should be almost no whitewash on the port side of the wave, just a smooth transition until it curls at the back of the pocket. Good starting point on speed is 10.5 with your weight. The more you add, the faster you may need to go to get the shape right. With only that weight on though, anywhere from 9-11 should be fairly decent.

Is the boat listing at all under that weight? The list and uneven weight distribution is what is creating that wave, so no list, no wave.

You got a pic of what it's doing?
    Ok I now understand the wake plate is as it looks Up is Up and Down is Down

That being said I still have to put the plate at least 3/4 of the way DOWN to get any kind of wave. The boat is listing to the port side and it just seems to get more of a wave with the bow lower in the water.

Here a pic of me surfing not a real good shot of the wave. Water depth is 20+ feet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 LSV on the way out