Thread: Propeller

Default Propeller

I am trying to remove the propeller... I don't want to bang on stuff... So do I need a puller? And if so what kind and where do I get one... Any and all help would be great... Thanks guys for the help... Summer is here on the Texas Gulf Coast... Wake on.

Default Replying to Topic 'Propeller'

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/over...&fcat=2AD2

This is a picture of the puller.

I'd also count the number of threads exposed on the shaft so you have an idea how far to turn the nut when you reassemble it.

ben,

go to search and you will find a lot of info on this. however in my opinion yes you do need to get a prop puller or borrow one from a dealer. i got mine from skidim.com.

just a bit of advice is to leave the nut on the shaft so when it breaks loose it does not hit your hand or the concrete. oooch..

doug

Thanks guys for the help... I did mark the nut and counted the turns it took to take it off.. So how hard is it putting it back on? The prop that is... To get it back to the right spot?

Not very difficult.

But, having forgotten how many turns to tighten, I watched the progress of the prop onto the taper... it seemed like the prop should have been tight much sooner, but wasn't.

Not to hi jack the thread but I am doing prop testing for Acme Prop. and they sent me the torque spec for the retighting. I will post the results of the tests this week. Three to test 17.3 X 17.5 same dia as OEM prop but different cup, 14.5X 14.0 and one other thats in the middle..

More to come

Aquaholic
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.