Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Researching "quick winterization" options

3/4 garden hose connectors, I just unsrcew and the water drains.

If lucky you're can get your significant other blow the rest out...hehehe..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Disconnects? How cool is that?
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Re: Researching "quick winterization" options

I have something like this, mine are plastic..

https://www.google.com/search?q=petc...20618012423231

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I installed a ball valve in place of my block plugs. I got locking ones so they would lock closed. It was just two parts per side. A M to M thread that is the same size as the block plug and a ball valve. Took about 5 min to install and is a quick way to drain the block. For the hoses I just left them how they are since to disconnect the hoses is quick. It takes me about 5 min to drain all the water out if I am not messing with the impeller. I can take some photos this weekend if you want.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

This is one ones i used but locking.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mueller-G...31NL/202283796
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I installed a ball valve in place of my block plugs. I got locking ones so they would lock closed. It was just two parts per side. A M to M thread that is the same size as the block plug and a ball valve. Took about 5 min to install and is a quick way to drain the block. For the hoses I just left them how they are since to disconnect the hoses is quick. It takes me about 5 min to drain all the water out if I am not messing with the impeller. I can take some photos this weekend if you want.
    I'm interested in photos...I got a brand new Mondo and would love to do those mod for my first winterizing...
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Sounds good. I will be working on the boat this weekend and will get photos.

Default Researching "quick winterization" options

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I am assuming that you do not have knock sensors in the drain locations. Am I correct?
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Yes you are correct I do not have a knock sensor on the block drain plugs.

The images are from the port side of the engine. Starboard side looks the same.