Thread: Fuel smell

Default Fuel smell

Was detailing the inside of the boat today. When I opened the center locker, there was a slight smell of gasoline. Is this normal? Just wondering if I need to remove the 4 screws and check all the gas lines etc? Read a few post about fuel line rubs and Broken T fittings. Thanks
    Dave
    2006 Mobius LSV, Upgrades.....900 rear Bags, IBS Bag, Wetsounds tower speakers, JL 12" sub, JL cabin speakers, JL amp, Clarion deck, Clarion transom and helm remote, dual batteries w perko switch, depth gauge w air\water temp, 1433 prop, travel snap cover.

gasoline is the 1st thing I smell when I pull the cover off the boat (after being on for six days).

I think a bit of a smell is normal when it's all covered. Mine is better but not gone after I fixed that fuel line that had the pin-hole leak in it from being rubbed against the floor panel.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

My Cooler Mid floor always smelled heavy of Gasoline. I plugged it so the air from the engine/bilge couldnt get to it an it no longer smells like that. Does the Locker have a drain? If so put a cork in it and it will seal it off from the bilge.
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback

Thanks guys just wanted to make sure.
    Dave
    2006 Mobius LSV, Upgrades.....900 rear Bags, IBS Bag, Wetsounds tower speakers, JL 12" sub, JL cabin speakers, JL amp, Clarion deck, Clarion transom and helm remote, dual batteries w perko switch, depth gauge w air\water temp, 1433 prop, travel snap cover.