Default Water in the Bilge

About a week and half or so when I was bringing my boat home from the marina. I got caught in a terrible thunderstorm with no cover on the boat. I was out of town last week so I left the boat at the dealer to have the speedo fixed and it rained more. The boat was covered or at least it was when I picked it up. When I picked it up and dealer moved it he bilge pump activated. The plug was in so I took it out when I got home and let about an inch of water drain. I launched the boat (plug in) took it out and anchored. It was just me so no one was tracking water in. The bilge pump kicked on after I had been there for about 30 min. It kicked on again about 30 minutes later. It didn’t run very long either time. I left it in the water last night and picked it up this morning. I turned on the bilge pump and it pumped for several minutes. The area around the center plug had about an inch of water again. Is it possible there is trapped rain water still or should I be looking for a leak?
    1991 Cobia Monte Carlo 188E (Sold)
    2014 Moomba Mojo (Sold)
    Next ??

probably rain water
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

What I think you should do (what I would do in your position) is
    a) prop your seats when done boating for the day so they can dry out the foam,
    b) pay attention to how it sits in the water when empty vs every time you go to it (since I assume you leave it in the water at the marina), this would show if you take on any extra water while it sits and can judge how much water may be in.
    c) pull the plug and leave the boat on the ramp on the trailer (so it is elevated) and drain all the water out of the bilge, then you start fresh.
    You could be taking water on thru the packing nut, but a good downpour does accumulate quickly.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    400 Indmar Rapter 6.2L
    "X-ceeding Limits"

2004 Supra 22 Launch SSV-crushed by a massive oak tree. RIP 4/1/2023
    325 Indmar Assault 320 HP
    "One more hour"

Is it under a canopy and do you having a mooring cover or cockpit and toneau cover. if the later its rain .
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Going to assume your pack bushing is not dripping a lot? I need to repack mine because my bilge runs about that often, regardless of rain soaking.
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries