Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The cover needs a raised boot design at the tower to allow water to flow around it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    The cover needs a raised boot design at the tower to allow water to flow around it.
    Your right......it also need a flap over the tower base because the rain goes right trough between tower base and cover. I put a towel today inside the boat at the tower base and it was soaking wet after a good rain.
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

I think this is how the water is getting into the boat. Then the carpet sucks everything up and it get wet up to the middle of the boat...

image.jpg image.jpg
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

I have the same problem... i found that i had my back pole to high and was pulling the inside edge of the cover away from the tower and allowing water to come in. I am taking my cover to get a flap sewn on that will be sewn on the inside of the tower leg, go over the bottom part of the tower and velcro on the outside. Also i am getting them to sew an extra patch with some straps that i can pull the tarp harder downwards at the back of the boat like my evolution cover did. I will be ordering an evolution cover as soon as this one begins to show wear..
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Default Cockpit and tonneau cover leaking...

Mine does same thing, design flaw

2012 Mojo

A few things.... I have the factory cover on my Mojo.

-Does the Mondo come with straps or just the poles? It looks like just poles in the pic. If it came with straps, use them as they will help with the pooling that occurs.

-I use really basic spring clamps to hold the fabric together over the tower base... Closes the gap some but also holds the cover tight so water can't pool.

You'll still get water... The cover isn't the greatest... Tends to funnel water right to the tower base and into the boat.

I'm going to pick up an evolution cover for next season so I can have a cover that works while it's sitting or being towed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

My Mondo came with 2 poles and straps to hold the poles in place. There is also a strap that runs from the front pole over the windshield and to the back pole. This does help a little but i agree the water is funneled right to the tower leg.
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    I have the same problem... i found that i had my back pole to high and was pulling the inside edge of the cover away from the tower and allowing water to come in. I am taking my cover to get a flap sewn on that will be sewn on the inside of the tower leg, go over the bottom part of the tower and velcro on the outside. Also i am getting them to sew an extra patch with some straps that i can pull the tarp harder downwards at the back of the boat like my evolution cover did. I will be ordering an evolution cover as soon as this one begins to show wear..
    My dealer will do the same mod for me...but only at the end of the season...lots of water to come! I will use uniwarking clamp idea.
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    A few things.... I have the factory cover on my Mojo.

-Does the Mondo come with straps or just the poles? It looks like just poles in the pic. If it came with straps, use them as they will help with the pooling that occurs.

-I use really basic spring clamps to hold the fabric together over the tower base... Closes the gap some but also holds the cover tight so water can't pool.

You'll still get water... The cover isn't the greatest... Tends to funnel water right to the tower base and into the boat.

I'm going to pick up an evolution cover for next season so I can have a cover that works while it's sitting or being towed.

Cover came with straps. The drawing that came with it shows that the strap are used to fix to cover to the trailer..
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Yeah, that's not right. Straps go under the cover to support it. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I know what ya mean though, documentation isn't good.

2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost