Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

ive anchored-one off the bow and one off the stern to the beach, beached on sugar sand with gentle throttle so it would stay put, and let gently rest on soft sand. all depends on the conditions and wave action and how long were staying for. Never on rocky sand. For anchors I keep on board a Danforth style, a mushroom style and a spike, also have a box anchor but haven't got to use it yet
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    ive anchored-one off the bow and one off the stern to the beach, beached on sugar sand with gentle throttle so it would stay put, and let gently rest on soft sand. all depends on the conditions and wave action and how long were staying for. Never on rocky sand. For anchors I keep on board a Danforth style, a mushroom style and a spike, also have a box anchor but haven't got to use it yet
    I just scored a box anchor for $85 off CL, and a Shore Spike for $35. Pretty excited to have better options than my $20 walmart fluke anchor.

The top portion of the spike has a weighted sliding handle that allows you to pound it in w/o needing to carry the hammer. (although whacking the stake in will unfortunately draw up imagines of whacking it off! Doh!)
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Ive never beached ours. I dont want to risk damage to the prop, rudder, or fins. Box anchor off the front and tie off the back (i dont have a sand spike yet). The protective strip referenced on page 1 is called keel guard. It works well. I put it on the Blue Water we had before the Moomba.

After a Shasta trip and beaching the BW the keel was all chewed up. Paid to fix it and immediately put the guard on. It was solid the last 3 years we had that boat.

Sorry if this is a repeat of info, i didnt read all pages in the post.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

I use an anchor and a stake out stick. Works great and stows away easily.
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED

So apparently the average life of an anchor buddy is 8 years with typical use and a handful of windstorms/high currents.

Anchoring up Saturday I heard a "snap" and ended up with a nice plain non-bungee yellow rope to the anchor. I actually kind of like the way it held in the current on a hard line to the point where I'm considering getting the shallow water version as a replacement instead.

Shallow goes from 7' to 21' vs the normal one going 14' to 50' stretch.

Curious if any of you have had the shallow and any complaints vs the normal?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

My anchor buddy lasted one weekend. Bought it before the 4th of July, use it about 5 times over the weekend, and then it snapped. It broke right where the metal clip is on the anchor end and lost my anchor in about 30ft of water. Tried to contact the company about a possible warranty and still haven't heard anything.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Quick question regarding the Anchor Buddy. Said it is rated up to 4,000 lbs. What about just using a regular anchor line on the bow instead? What's the advantage to the stretch? Don't want it to break or to loose my anchor.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Regular line defeats the purpose of being able to pull up to the shoreline and load/unload, then let go and have the bungee pull the boat back out to depth. Could just give slack in your drop line I suppose but then the boat is going to wander around while it's out there if you have any wind or current.

I mostly anchor in fairly shallow waters so ordered the shallow version. Hopefully it will do the trick. In the past, when the wind has started to kick up although mine held, it would want to wander over to one side or the other pretty much the full stretch length of the bungee before stopping. Made me nervous too many times.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...