Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
The Anchor Buddy (bungee cord) device will keep your boat off the shore.
Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
i have been thinking about that as well..
http://bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=350
Ahhh, thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to get one of these. Just found one for $34 shipped on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperyrockTKE300 View Post
why do I beach?

In Florida there are more boat ramps than there are docks. Plenty of beach.

We don't have rocky shorelines or steep muddy cliffs.

Once the boat is in the water - you want to stay away from the ramp/dock area.

When my boat initially hits the water, I take it for a warm up spin, then I head back to the beach to pick up the wife. She walks up to the bow, spins the boat around, climbs in and off we go.

When it is time to trailer the boat, the wife beaches the boat, I jump out, spin the boat around and off she goes.

During the winter months when the water is pretty chilly, my guests only have to walk in about a foot of water to climb onto the swim platform...and off we go.

The boat is a recreational vehicle. I treat it as such.
I can respect that. I'm all about keeping something nice, but I'm also one that will USE my toys the way I want. My Jeep for example has all sorts of scratches and even some minor dents from wheelin'. Anyone that sees it comments that it's obvious that I USE my jeep. It's not an ugly mess, but I wheel it hard.

If beaching your boat adds to the enjoyment and doesn't actually hurt it in any measurable way, then more power to ya. Obviously there's risk with any action. That's why we all have to make our own risk/reward decisions.