Thread: Stiff throttle

Default Stiff throttle

Is there a way to grease the throttle? Mine is noticeably harder to shift and accelerate.
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Oh heck yes - drugstores and your local supermarket sells some great products.

Non-staining too!

Keep an eye on that....If it is hard to shift for more than 4 hours call your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by TL7 View Post
    Is there a way to grease the throttle? Mine is noticeably harder to shift and accelerate.
    You can start with the center bolt in the throttle base, i have had to remove mine on the 08, and when I tightened it to much the throttle was harder to operate.

other then that you might look at unbolting the entire unit and seeing it has movement points to lube. I honestly haven't dug that deep into one.

Moomba is still a drive by wire boat, I wouldn't rule out the cable is binding, or going bad.

If you look in the Starboard V locker, upper left you will see the main wire loom and the cables.

Not positive if the 10s had the removable floor because it could be ran through there if you do. < on the 08 it ran through the Locker >
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]