Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Mew mojo 2.5 with issue. Looking for opinions.

New guy here but not new to direct/ v drives. I purchased the boat from a dealer today and it was sold to me as demo green and white brochure boat with 55.5 hours. Make it to the water tonight throw it in and vibrates plus wont plane. Then have water filling in the boat so I head back in and put It back on the trailer.

Figure its got a bent prop. Get it on the trailer and sure enough props been hit twice. So I do some more looking to see if the shafts bent and find rub marks around the hull like the shaft had failed or who knows what. Never seen anything like this before. Here are some pictures. What do you guys think the one marks are from? Or are they common? I assume not but I do not know what could have caused them other then a shaft failure. Can also see where the prop has hit the trailer in the one image.

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpgpic5.jpg

Plan to be at the dealer in the am to try and resolve the issue but would like some opinions on the other damage.
    Last edited by Crawlfab1; 06-10-2014 at 10:53 PM.

pic7.jpg Here she is out of the water.

I am guessing you didn't take a test drive before buying?

No. Was 5:30 by the time we got to going over the boat. They did offer to put it in the water as we hooked it to my vehicle to leave though.

They had to know the boat had this damage done to it prior to selling it to you,pretty shady on the dealers part,they would be fixing this for free of charge or the sale would be voided and I would get my money back.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by tater View Post
    They had to know the boat had this damage done to it prior to selling it to you,pretty shady on the dealers part,they would be fixing this for free of charge or the sale would be voided and I would get my money back.
    Maybe the dealer and the salesman did not now. Who knows who had the boat out last. I have a little guy that works for me, his name is Not Me. He breaks stuff all the time and just puts it away. I would be an employee named Not Me used the boat and put back on the trailer for the next one to find the damage.
    Congrats on your new Mojo, I know my dealer and SC would make it right and hope yours does the same.

Maybe a tow rope got wrapped up in there and sucked the handle thru.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

About all I can think of is a rope got up in there. As for the prop I am positive it hit the trailer at least once. I even looked at the prop when buying to ensure I was getting the upgrade but did not see the curl or the mark on the trailer when I was under there.

I was told as a selling point it is the boat from the videos and brochure. If that's good or bad I really don't know.

I purchased it with 55.5 hours and now it shows 55.7.

Just be ready for the dealer to say.."it wasn't like that when it left here". Try and show them the rust, and anything else that can prove it wasn't you. I would think most reputable dealers will just take care of it, let us know how it turns out.
    Dave
    2006 Mobius LSV, Upgrades.....900 rear Bags, IBS Bag, Wetsounds tower speakers, JL 12" sub, JL cabin speakers, JL amp, Clarion deck, Clarion transom and helm remote, dual batteries w perko switch, depth gauge w air\water temp, 1433 prop, travel snap cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten85echo View Post
    Just be ready for the dealer to say.."it wasn't like that when it left here". Try and show them the rust, and anything else that can prove it wasn't you. I would think most reputable dealers will just take care of it, let us know how it turns out.
    That's the plan. Its pretty easy to tell the marks are not fresh. I am headed there way now so will see what they say shortly.