Default New 2014 lsv center ballast tank

Hey
    I picked up my new LSV a couple weeks ago and love it! But after my break in period I started playing around with the ballasts more and found my center tank wasn't filling. Pump ran and sounded good but wouldn't fill. Got home that night and opened up my center cover over fuel tank and found the 1" lines to the tank were routed over top the fuel tank instead of besides and pinched completely off by the deck. My dealer has been awesome and jumped me ahead to get it looked at but now it's in their shop down for a week or more as they talk with skiers choice engineers how to fix it. It takes a lot of time and research to buy a boat like this and it makes me question the quality control that skiers choice and moomba may be lacking. And the fact of course that the dealer didn't catch it on pdi! I'm super Frustrated seeing how up in northern alberta were lucky if we get 2 months of riding never mind having it in the shop for a couple weeks! Anyone else run into this problem???

Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv

Hey Jordan, im assuming you bought it from martin motor sports?? No way it should take more than an hour or two to figure out different routing for those lines and get it all back together

Sent from my apple crushin android device
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

That's what I thought, and why I wasn't worried about waiting for it today. So I got them to take me in the back and show me but it was the service writer not a tech so he didnt even really have a clue. From what I could see before I brought it in u would have to remove the fuel tank to get to the fittings on the hard tank.but the lines run over the fuel tank so makes it a bit more complicated.

Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv

And ya it's martin motorsports

Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv

I would think that would be a easy fix and shouldnt take that long to fix,I have have been a Moomba owner for about 9 years and have to tell you some years are better than others I have found that there seems that there is something going on all the time but that is boat ownership,its frustrating to say the least the wake plate has been giving alot of us fits and SC cant find an answer being going on over a year now so keep an eye on that,what i have found on my 2 boats even though they are new once you get the bugs worked out they are really solid realiable boats and this is my second LSV and I love it,I hope you get the problem resolved quickly and can get back on the water soon.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

pretty sure on my 13 the hose went over the tank. I have pictures on here where I did a bunch of mods and pretty sure I have one of the tank with all the wires and hoses. Sounds like it should be a easy fix, little rerouting is all
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks guys! I'm hoping its a quick fix im driving myself crazy thinkin they might have to split the hull. Anyways when I get it back I want to make sure in propped right for ballast then I have been looking at the threads for ibs upgrades. Is it worth it? I primarily wakeboard and the bigger and steeper the wake the better to me. Wondering how I shoul go about achieving that any insight???

Jordan
    2014 moomba möbius lsv

I would have thought they would have caught that issue during the test drive of the boat. Wouldn't you think that they would test the ballast fill and empty on a wakeboard boat before it leaves the factory. Do they not test the boats on a lake like other manufacturers before they send them out the door.

I had the old G3 system in my 07 LSV in it with aerator pumps and ended up spent like 1200 ripping and replacing all that stuff with new reversible pumps and I did the entire system in a few days. I cant imagine rerouting one 1" line would take 2 weeks.