Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: The 2014 Old Guys 360 Attempt Thread

Same issue.. Lots of 540s/720s..

Make sure to turn your head and look at the boat, this should help you stop rotating. Also, try removing the Fins or run the board backwards for a few runs. On my board you really have to edge running backwards to keep control which then should pay off with the fins..
    At least I hope so, I haven't surfed much this year. When I do, I've been trying to do a drifter into backside180, and front side 180 with the board reversed but haven't had much luck..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Well,I have been trying,,,, think this is my 3rd official season of giving it the ol' schoolboy try and Saturday I nailed it and almost a second in the same set. I have been world champion at doing the 360 then washing out of the back but I finally did it, and it was really easy once I did. No camera as why would I want to have tons more footage of me not making it, but I did have a couple extra witnesses so I have backup...... I know, I know, no footage and it didn't happen. Now maybe it will motivate me to charge the GoPro and see if I can ever do it again.

Biggest thing I was doing Saturday was grabbing too much water to make the turn, I was pulling myself into the prop wash. I concentrated more on turning the board then just took a light swat at the water to speed up the rotation. It went surprisingly well and surprised me since I have done sooooooooo many only to come around and be heading away from the boat at an alarming rate. To be turned around, still in the wake, and surfing almost shocked me too much to keep going. It was nice to FINALLY nail it.

I am using a Soulcraft that my wife had made, surf style with the quad fin setup.
    Kevin
    2012 Launch 242

Haven't been out in a couple of weeks but I'm getting all the way around just not riding them out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure ya are

I don't really have any advice for the over rotation flat spins besides some smart ass comment about avoiding the jetwash.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default The 2014 Old Guys 360 Attempt Thread

Here is my attempt at a 360 after my third day of trying. I can pull it off but I fall out the back of the wave. Oh yea, I'm over 50

2007 Moomba LSV

I have to start trying this.

Did you guys start out doing 360's while holding onto the rope?

Is it easier the further you get away from the side of the boat?

Had a couple solid attempts on Sat. On one I did a 540 and just about rode it out anyway. On my best one I ended up facing the boat and tried to pump some but lost the wave. I'm gonna nail it during my week vacation coming up.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default The 2014 Old Guys 360 Attempt Thread

Nice..

I haven't had the legs left to work on much surfing this year, to busy wakeboarding. Was on vacation last week on a lake (can't wakeboard on lakes anymore) so I ended up surfing a lot. Worked on surfing goofy on the regular wave and trying to 180 from regular to goofy and reverse and shuvits. Had a lot of close ones where I could almost ride them out.. Really helps of someone is taking video and make sure you have a spot/reference point I tend to over rotate too..
    Last edited by parrothd; 07-13-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I have tried three times and sat , got all the way around in the perfect sweet spot of the wave, I was so surprised I put the brakes on and fell out the back....

new DW drone with the blackstix is awesome..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Should have a new board in a matter of hours. Maybe it will help.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!