Default Need advice on Amp

First post yall! Love the site but my moomba even more.

Got a question for ya electronic fellas. Im totally ignorant when it comes to stereos, amps and speakers so i need all the help i can get. Lol. Im replacing my amp and not sure what i need. I have 2 kicker single barrel tower speakers, I forget model but I think they are 100watt each maybe 150. Also 4 kicker 6inch speakers inside boat. A buddy told me i needed around 1000watt 6 channel amp but they are very expensive and hard to find. Id like to stay with kicker brand and was curious if the 5channel XFM700.5 (i think) would be sufficient. Im really wanting to keep cost under $400, so if ya can please help.

Thanks

Dedicated tower and in-boat amps would be best, unless you go with a large 6 chnl with a stout power supply. Kicker KXM400.2 for the tower and the KXM400.4 for the 2 pair of in-boats would be the most ideal. Both amps would allow for independent volume control or fade through the head unit. The 2 chnl would allow for the addition of a 2nd pair of tower speaker later. The 4 chnl for the in-boats would allow for addition of a 3rd pair.

Thanks MLA! Im assuming/hoping its simple installing 2 amps together, possibly just rca jacks?

I have a Polk amp that's marine cert. That I bought to push my 2 10" Polk subs. My buddy who does installs said that Polk put the wrong info on the amp and that's why it was pushing my two subs but not it's full potential..I can sell it to you if you would like
    Last edited by motosno963; 06-11-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Amp is only a summer old
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)