Thread: Transom Decal?

Post Transom Decal?

I am working on putting a name on the back of my Mondo. I am wondering who else has done this and if you would be willing to post pictures of your boat. Graphic dimensions would help as well.

There is a lot to consider (my wife doesn't think so) related to fonts, size, color, blending in with the rest of the boat, etc. I am looking to put it under the transom grab handle and also considering removing the Moomba letters to give me a little more room to work with.

Approximate Location
    6-13-2014 9-20-44 AM.jpg

Really crude mock up (Chuckles was my dad's nickname and this is a tribute to him.) I am not set on the font. May go with the Moomba Masque lettering to help it blend in. Still considering options.
    6-13-2014 9-20-44 AM.jpg

Cheers! Hope the dad's out there have an awesome Father's Day. Pray for sun!
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/EXBT4/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow
    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten

My boat is black and white, and accordingly we said after we got it that it had a "Stormtrooper" theme. So I got decals that went with that theme. I of course used the Star Wars font... I think I went with 4" letters IIRC. basically I found a site that would let me do any height letter, and it would tell me how wide my decal would be relative to that letter height. So I think I might have made my height optimzize the width I had to work with.

Older pic with my OEM swim platform:

Pic with no platform:
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I use these guys for my registration numbers... I wonder if they could make something up for you to replace the moomba with?

http://shop.domednumbers.com/product/moomba-chrome
    2008 LSV 1100s 650IBS Reversible Pumps w\Timers

This is the company I used.

http://www.signnetwork.com/Custom-Vi...g-p-46844.html

I really like that you can see what it's going to loook like on screen and they're CHEAP.

For example, to get black vinyl for my "stormtrooper" in 3.5" tall x 42.6" wide, it'd be like $10 (+$8 shipping). I think that's quite reasonable. I got my registration numbers in the same matching font. I also had them do the giant "SUPRA" on the side of my boat in the Star Wars Jedi font.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think either of the 2 above would work well depending on what you're trying to achieve. Since you're removing the moomba logo which is chrome, it may look trick to use the chrome domed letters in moomba font. Kind of subtle and factory looking...
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)