Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by irish-racing View Post
    I need to do this. How do you like that surf board? I was looking at the same one from Liquid Force because the Ronix one I have I do not like at all.
    Is that just a liquid force fish? If so, it's certainly solid and stable. I've rode a 5'6 fish and 5'0 fish. It's not really fast, but it's certainly boyant and makes surfing pretty easy.

I sold my 5'6 fish to get a Ronix Koal Illuminati, which I like better. it seems faster and more agile. I touch less stability but still a good all round board.

However, I tried a Doomswell squash tail Drone and instantly fell in love. It took my surfing to another level. It's expensive, but it's the first board I've found that I really loved.

I did try a 4'8 Byerly Buzz and I actually liked it better than my Koal Illuminati when I rode it behind a stock + bowsack weighted Mojo.

So, some food for thought.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Is that just a liquid force fish? If so, it's certainly solid and stable. I've rode a 5'6 fish and 5'0 fish. It's not really fast, but it's certainly boyant and makes surfing pretty easy.

I sold my 5'6 fish to get a Ronix Koal Illuminati, which I like better. it seems faster and more agile. I touch less stability but still a good all round board.

However, I tried a Doomswell squash tail Drone and instantly fell in love. It took my surfing to another level. It's expensive, but it's the first board I've found that I really loved.

I did try a 4'8 Byerly Buzz and I actually liked it better than my Koal Illuminati when I rode it behind a stock + bowsack weighted Mojo.

So, some food for thought.
    Thanks for the info. I still am terrible at surfing. Having trouble finding that pocket. Still working on optimizing the wave but I think I have that worked out. Will know this weekend.

I might buy the Liquid Force fish for my wife. She is still very new to surfing and from what I understand it's a good starter board.

I am going to look into everything else you mentioned and should buy something soon.

Still being new-ish to surfing. The ronix I have now it 4'10"....... are longer boards more for beginners? Also I am 5'9" 212 pounds.... So what should I be looking for?

Thanks Trayson
    Last edited by irish-racing; 06-11-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Thanks for the info. I still am terrible at surfing. Having trouble finding that pocket. Still working on optimizing the wave but I think I have that worked out. Will know this weekend.

I might buy the Liquid Force fish for my wife. She is still very new to surfing and from what I understand it's a good starter board.

I am going to look into everything else you mentioned and should buy something soon.
    I think that the LF Fish (no bigger than 5'0 unless you're people are well over 200 - 225lbs) is fine for a "boat board". The ronix Koal fish would probably do just as well, but would satisfy a person more into their intermediate phase. My Koal is pretty damn fragile. But I've heard the new ones are more robust. The LF fish is pretty tough. Though most of the surf boards require a thicker board rack. I got the Krypt double surf rack for $120 shipped off ebay.

the pure surf boards like Soulcraft and Doomswell are another level of performance, and of course of cost. I was blown away with the Doomswell I rode. The Soulcraft I rode was fine, but honestly I could have been just as fine on my Koal Illuminati. Go figure. I'm looking to sell a kidney to afford the $675 Doomswell. And then I'll need yet another board rack for the even thicker Doomswell.

Check out the videos on www.wake9.com as there are a few tips there that could help... If you were local, I'd be happy to join ya for a day and I'm sure we could get not only your wave dialed but your form/technique refined enough that you'd be in it to win it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Summer in Apex, NC

I think that the LF Fish (no bigger than 5'0 unless you're people are well over 200 - 225lbs) is fine for a "boat board". The ronix Koal fish would probably do just as well, but would satisfy a person more into their intermediate phase. My Koal is pretty damn fragile. But I've heard the new ones are more robust. The LF fish is pretty tough. Though most of the surf boards require a thicker board rack. I got the Krypt double surf rack for $120 shipped off ebay.

the pure surf boards like Soulcraft and Doomswell are another level of performance, and of course of cost. I was blown away with the Doomswell I rode. The Soulcraft I rode was fine, but honestly I could have been just as fine on my Koal Illuminati. Go figure. I'm looking to sell a kidney to afford the $675 Doomswell. And then I'll need yet another board rack for the even thicker Doomswell.

Check out the videos on www.wake9.com as there are a few tips there that could help... If you were local, I'd be happy to join ya for a day and I'm sure we could get not only your wave dialed but your form/technique refined enough that you'd be in it to win it.
    Thanks a lot Trayson. My wife is dying to go to WA so maybe we will make a trip out and meet up.

I understand on the whole selling a kidney thing. I am trying to buy another motorcycle as a backup for trackdays. Stupid money pits but it's all worth it.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Thanks a lot Trayson. My wife is dying to go to WA so maybe we will make a trip out and meet up.

I understand on the whole selling a kidney thing. I am trying to buy another motorcycle as a backup for trackdays. Stupid money pits but it's all worth it.
    Well, we are in Vancouver (so we're almost a subburb of Portland OR). If you come out, we'll be happy to get you out on my boat and we'll surf it up for sure. I only have a couple long weekends and 1 week that I'm away. Make it happen. If I had a guest bedroom I'd offer to host ya, but right now a buddy's using my 'extra' room. I've found that almost all the people I've met on these forums have been serious quality.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Well, we are in Vancouver (so we're almost a subburb of Portland OR). If you come out, we'll be happy to get you out on my boat and we'll surf it up for sure. I only have a couple long weekends and 1 week that I'm away. Make it happen. If I had a guest bedroom I'd offer to host ya, but right now a buddy's using my 'extra' room. I've found that almost all the people I've met on these forums have been serious quality.
    That would be awesome! I will try to make it happen sometime soon. We are decent people. We have mouths like sailors but we are law abiding citizens who like to have fun.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

That would be awesome! I will try to make it happen sometime soon. We are decent people. We have mouths like sailors but we are law abiding citizens who like to have fun.
    LOL. Swearing don't bother us (unless my 8 y/o is with us). And we know "law abiding" doesn't apply to speed limits! (at least it doesn't for me)
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Re: June Picture Thread 2014

LOL. Swearing don't bother us (unless my 8 y/o is with us). And we know "law abiding" doesn't apply to speed limits! (at least it doesn't for me)
    Yeah I have nieces and nephews so I can watch my mouth lol. Yeah speed limits don't count at all.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rc5695 View Post
    That Connelly's been around a little while hasn't it
    I bought it used in '91. So yah, it's been around a while. Still love it though. Probably working way to hard on this old board. I'll get around to an upgrade someday...
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/EXBT4/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow
    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten