Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 06' Outback V flooring?

Does anybody know what's under the stock carpet in an 06' outback V? It looks like the center area from the helm to the back seats is actually a separate piece that screws into the boat floor. Wanting to know if I could remove this piece and replace with something more water friendly like sea deck or some type of coating. The front is not carpeted, just the fiberglass of the hull it looks like. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all.........J.
    2006 Outback V
    1992 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Try some searches on replacing carpet, or perhaps hit the Forum Archives (link down towards the bottom in the black, just left of center). There are many who have replaced the carpet, a few who have done seadeck or hydroturf, and lots of discussions.

Good luck!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I had that section of flooring out in my 03 once. think that would be about the easiest to put seadek on
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Moombadaze.......does the floor come right out like it looks? Unscrew the exposed screws and up and out? Do you need to remove the seat first?
    2006 Outback V

valleywine, we have the same boat, I would guess that you would have to pull the drivers seat out to pull the floor out. I have considered replacing the carpet in mine next year, the guy i bought it from, let people smoke in the boat, and I have burn marks from that.. not alot, but I know its there... and It bugs me. let me know what you end up doing!
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

Ok so the floor comes up easy by removing the floor screws and 2 more on each side inside the seat bases which attach horizontally. I removed the floor by myself ater removing the seat. It's not heavy but be careful as the bottom is rough fiberglass and will puncture your seats if your not careful. I used a wood stripper to get all the left over glue fairly easy. Installed hydroturf and wrapped it around the edge. If you don't do this there will be a gap between the floor and the seat bases. Took me 4-5 hrs total and I'm happy with the install.
    2006 Outback V

lets see some pic
    "You spend most of your life, looking for the adult that you are... then you spend the rest of your life looking for the child that you were."
    98 boomerang sold
    04 outback lsv

Quote Originally Posted by Jceclipse01 View Post
    lets see some pic
    Pics in the winter mod thread......

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2006 Outback V

Ahhhh - snow camo. How are you liking it? Get dizzy at all after a while? LOL

I have a sample of that and a sample of the yellow-gray-black camo sittting on my workbench. Toying with using that in the vdrive lockers and maybe gunwale pads. Wasn't sure if it would be too much or not.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Ahhhh - snow camo. How are you liking it? Get dizzy at all after a while? LOL

I have a sample of that and a sample of the yellow-gray-black camo sittting on my workbench. Toying with using that in the vdrive lockers and maybe gunwale pads. Wasn't sure if it would be too much or not.

Haven't taken it out yet. Probably won't until next season. I'm assuming it will dull some over time but it's not overwhelming to look at. It gives things a little kick though. The kids think its awesome. Haha. I hear some of the colors fade pretty bad. Red, I think will fade. Might want to check into that before ordering.
    2006 Outback V