Thread: Question

Default Question

Hey,
    Just wondering if you can put a rear storage fat sac in a 2001 moomba outback. also do they come with a hydralic wake plate?

thanks

Default Replying to Topic 'Question'

Originally posted by Big-K
    Hey,
    Just wondering if you can put a rear storage fat sac in a 2001 moomba outback. also do they come with a hydralic wake plate?

thanks
    My little plate is fixed on the 06 Outback.
    As far as a fat sac, yes, but it goes under the rear seat.

That back storage area under the gull wings is over the fuel tank and won't really support all that ballast weight and you want it lower anyway.

I've got a 400# bag but haven't filled it yet (not at 7 hours on the engine, so no load)
    Also have a smaller "ski locker" sac to throw between the front bow seats. Cant wait to see what it looks like. After seeing some pics from owners here, I went with the DD outback so my wife could slalom again and I'm not hardcore or genx enough to attack a 6 foot wake anyway.

Default Replying to Topic 'Question'

I wouldnt recommend putting more than 150 pounds back there. As wolf said it is directly above the gas tank. There is a little warning in the ski locker that says dont put more than 150#s evenly distributed.

We have the stock ballast. I believe around 800#s in the 2003 outback. We also added 1200#s at some points, makes the wake pretty good. We have sacks on the side of the engine on in the bow and one in the walkway. As far as wakeplate we have the movable one. Very nice for tuning the wake to a specific rider.