Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That vault grease has some kind of green oil stuff in it that becomes separated when it gets hot. I had some in a grease gun and I left it in my garage in the summer and a few weeks like i opened the tool box and there was oily slimy green stuff everywhere. You almost need to keep that stuff refrigerated
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I had never repacked bearings before so for me it was a PITA the first time I did it and I do agree - it was messy!

But hey, boys do like to play in mud and grease

First time I did this, didn't have the rear seal in properly (wasted a whole tube of the grease), didn't know about the recommended permatex seal and didn't have a jack that would lift the boat and trailer.

I'm very well prepared now.

Additionally, I have discovered that you can get those rear seals at local RV stores.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperyrockTKE300 View Post
    I had never repacked bearings before so for me it was a PITA the first time I did it and I do agree - it was messy!

But hey, boys do like to play in mud and grease

First time I did this, didn't have the rear seal in properly (wasted a whole tube of the grease), didn't know about the recommended permatex seal and didn't have a jack that would lift the boat and trailer.

I'm very well prepared now.

Additionally, I have discovered that you can get those rear seals at local RV stores.
    You can also get those seals at local auto parts stores which is what I did. I think I posted a national parts# in another thread where I was asking about doing these seals.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale