Default Bilge Comes On Often

So since buying my boat new in 06 the bilge always kicks on about every 15 to 20 minutes and pumps out a pretty decent amount of water. It probably runs for a minute or two. I had a friend who had a Supra and his did the same thing. He told me what it was that he had fixed but for the life of me I can't remember. I think it had something to do with a seal where the drive shaft comes through the hull but not sure. Anyone had a similar issue? Thanks!
    2006 Mobius LSV

Hi. Um, I'm a recovering crackhead. This is my retarded sister that I take care of. I'd like some welfare, please. -Dennis Reynolds

Search shaft packing. Good luck!

Most of us who had the older boats without the "dripless" shaft seal had this problem.

It's really not a big deal and is an easy fix - just a matter of re-packing the nut with a rope-like material.

You can upgrade to the "dripless".

"DOCDRS" has a pretty involved post about shaft seal maintenance.

I had a similar problem last year. Had a leak in the exhaust baffle and a small leak in the seal at the bottom. Glassed the baffle and tightened up the seal and all is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the packing nut..(stuffing box) .if it's a v- drive just lift cover under rear seat and look at the brass nut on shaft....you will see it leaking.
    Mine was leaking horribly so I dug out old rope and replaced.....problem solved.
    Make sure you tighten and check lock nut after running....mine backed off and water was gushing in.....I'm a mechanical nut and pull cover every time bilge kicks on. Good luck.