Thread: Wanted - Prop

Default Wanted - Prop

Interested in a 4 blade prop. I do not know the size yet, but one that would fit a Kamberra.

thank you

Default Replying to Topic 'Wanted - Prop'

nboard10

Your prop should be a14x18 LH. Just checked mine and thats what i have. I have thought about trying a13.5x17.5(?) I think would work also. The prop shaft size is 1and 1/8 iinch. Hope this helps and i see in some of your other posts that you have already been in the water, cool.

Andy

Andy - thank you for your help. I took a look at the prop yesterday and could read only some of the writing on it. The bolt holding it on is large and hides much of the print.

I spoke to a local dealer who quoted me a new prop around $400 + , nothing specific yet. Sound right? I like to support the local guy - but also need all the support for my wallet....

We have been out ... went again last night. Probably shouldnt have, I was just getting over a cold and now its back in full force. Air temp was mid 50's, but the water is still in the low 40s.

How is the weather is Washington? I used to have family that lived in Friday Harbor - near Seattle. Got to love the view out there!

Andy, do you know what pitch your prop is?

I have been asked that online...
    also - I have read a post that the stock prop that comes on boats isnt the same you should run when adding 2000 lbs of ballast...

any suggestions?

thanks again!

Nate

nboard10

I believe that the pitch is an 18. That said I bought a stainless prop about a year ago for $300. I think that the new Moombas use a 13.5x17.5 prop, 17.5 being the pitch. I ahave also heard of a special wakeboard prop but have not been told what the pitch and diameter would be.

Also check with your local prop shop and see if they have a prop you could try before you buy.

Still cold here, and has been raining for several days. Don't mind the cold but don't reeally like to ride in the cold rain. LOL

Andy

Andy, thank you for the help. I will look into the new wakeboard specific prop and make a post here of my findings.

The weather is looking good here - supposed to get up to 74 deg tomorrow! I would hate to miss it...but I am a little bit concerned with the condition of my prop. I have heard that a prop that is dinged up/bent at all can cause problems with the transmission and parts because of the vibration. I am new to boating so I don't know how much vibration I should be looking for....to know not to run the boat. I wouldnt have time to fix the prop before tomorrow - but really want to get another run in. Suggestions?

Also - where did you get a prop for $300?? from the pricing that I have seen - that is a steal! Please let me know - I have been quoted prices around $450 and up..

thanks!

Nate

check out this site

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/CTGY/...ive_propellers

I also made a general post about it..

Andy, I ended up purchasing a 16 pitch prop last week. It's unreal! The hole shot is fantastic and the wake is cleaner. I ran 2500 lbs of ballast and 6 guys in the boat yesterday and she still got on plane quickly. What a difference!